Going beyond traditional black or brown eyeliner can be a quick and easy way to enhance the eye. In reviewing black owned makeup brands, many offer colored eyeliner products (including white) in the form of pencils (thick and thin) and liquid gels as described below.
In choosing alternative eyeliner colors, there are several things to consider. These include selecting colors that complement your eyes, ensuring the eyeliner doesn’t clash with other makeup, and taking into account your outfit and appearance goals. Is it for work, after hours, a special occasion? Do you want a conservative opposed to more dramatic look? See the references below for suggestions about choosing colored eyeliners.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Valana Minerals (advertisement) Thick Pencils (Big Bang, Stellar and Cosmic) reflecting intense purple, gentle pink, and dark blue hues
- Iman Cosmetics - Perfect Eye Shadow Pencil (Intrigue, Desire, Deception, Forbidden and Seduction) Green and Blue hues are available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Joy Lorraine Cosmetics - Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner (Bronze, Gold Rush, Emerald, Indigo, Hunter and Ivy) Paint Pots waterproof eyeliners (majestic move, chilling, princess diaries, silver, chancy, blue bay, gold rush, and emerald)
- Pat McGrath Labs - Permagel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil (Indigo with Blue Pearl)
- The Crayon Case - Tokyhana Chopsticks colored eye pencils (Orange, Teal, Green, Pink, Blue, Purple) Colored Eye Pencils (Magneta, Bear, Black Ranked, Nude, Coffee)
- Vera Moore Cosmetics - Eye Liner Pencil (Midnight Blue, Sapphire, Ocean Liner, Denim, Jaded, Emerald and Glitz)
- Viola Fox Cosmetics - Gel Eyeliner (Electric Avenue, Moody Blue, Mallard Green and Tin); Eye Liner Pencil ( Khaki, Midnight Blue, and White)
I hope you find one or more colored eyeliners that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don't have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year.
Subscribe to and Bookmark our Blog
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram
- Black Doctor.Org "Made ya look: Makeup tricks for brighter eyes." https://blackdoctor.org/444973/brighten-eyes-with-makeup/. 16 June, 2014.
- Horne, Shontel. "Why you shouldn't be afraid of colored eyeliner." https://www.makeup.com/how-to-wear-colored-eyeliner. 11 December, 2015.
- Keller, Lauren. "35 ways to wear colorful eyeliner." http://stylecaster.com/colored-eyeliner-ideas/
- Wischnia, Beth. This is why you should stop wearing black eyeliner." 27 August, 2015. https://www.brit.co/what-eyeliner-is-best-for-your-eye-color/
- Wikihow.com "How to wear colored eyeliner." https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Colored-Eyeliner