Going beyond traditional black or brown eyeliner can be a quick and easy way to enhance the eye. In reviewing black owned makeup brands, many offer colored eyeliner products (including white) in the form of pencils (thick and thin) and liquid gels as described below.
In choosing alternative eyeliner colors, there are several things to consider. These include selecting colors that complement your eyes, ensuring the eyeliner doesn’t clash with other makeup, and taking into account your outfit and appearance goals. Is it for work, after hours, a special occasion? Do you want a conservative opposed to more dramatic look? See the references below for suggestions about choosing colored eyeliners.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Iman Cosmetics – Perfect Eye Shadow Pencil (Intrigue, Desire, Deception, Forbidden and Seduction) Green and Blue hues are available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Pat McGrath Labs (advertisement) – Permagel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil (Indigo with Blue Pearl)
- Joy Lorraine Cosmetics – Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner (Bronze, Gold Rush, Emerald, Indigo, Hunter and Ivy) Paint Pots waterproof eyeliners (majestic move, chilling, princess diaries, silver, chancy, blue bay, gold rush, and emerald)
- Vera Moore Cosmetics – Eye Liner Pencil (Midnight Blue, Sapphire, Ocean Liner, Denim, Jaded, Emerald and Glitz)
I hope you find one or more colored eyeliners that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- Black Doctor.Org “Made ya look: Makeup tricks for brighter eyes.” https://blackdoctor.org/444973/brighten-eyes-with-makeup/. 16 June, 2014.
- Horne, Shontel. “Why you shouldn’t be afraid of colored eyeliner.” https://www.makeup.com/how-to-wear-colored-eyeliner. 11 December, 2015.
- Keller, Lauren. “35 ways to wear colorful eyeliner.” http://stylecaster.com/colored-eyeliner-ideas/
- Wischnia, Beth. This is why you should stop wearing black eyeliner.” 27 August, 2015. https://www.brit.co/what-eyeliner-is-best-for-your-eye-color/
- Wikihow.com “How to wear colored eyeliner.” https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Colored-Eyeliner