There are several options for makeup primer and remover among black owned makeup brands as described below. This is an update from a previous post about makeup primer and remover to provide additional information about their uses, and new products.
Makeup primer and remover are considered essential elements of a beauty regiment. Makeup primer is applied after moisturizer and before makeup. The use of a makeup primer serves several purposes. These include serving as a protective shield between the skin and makeup, reducing the appearance of oil or shine, and increasing the longevity of your makeup application. Makeup primer also smooths the surface of the skin and helps to conceal blemishes and fine lines. There are various types of primers that can be applied underneath foundation, eye shadow, and lipstick. It is important to consider your skin type (e.g., oily versus dry) in choosing a makeup primer.6
Removing makeup at the end of the day is also important. Skin cells rejuvenate while sleeping and makeup can clog the pores and impede cell rejuvenation. The failure to remove makeup can also irritate and damage the skin. There are different types of makeup removers that serve different purposes. These include products for the face, lips and eyes, as well as oil-based removers, and portable wipes. Again, you should consider your skin type in selecting a makeup remover.4 I encourage you to review products on company websites to identify those that work for you.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Laws Of Nature (advertisement) offers an antioxidant gel primer, formulated with aloe vera, oatmeal, and green tea extract. Use the discount code LESLIE on your first order to save 10%.
- BLK/OPL offers an oil blocking gel primer. This and other primers are also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Yubi Beauty (advertisement) offers a makeup remover set that include microfiber puff that removes makeup with just water. A matching headband to keep your hair out of the way is also included.
- Beauty Bakerie offers a lip whip remover that are 50 2 in 1 oil based wipes. The lip whip remover is available at Ulta. (advertisement).
In reviewing these products I hope you find a makeup primer or remover that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
More information can be found from the following references for this article.
- Derrick, Julyne. “What is Primer: And do I need it? 24, September, 2017. https://www.liveabout.com/what-is-makeup-primer-and-do-i-need-it-346076
- Lamont-Djite, Tara. “Get it off! All you need to know about makeup removers.” 31 July, 2012. https://www.beautylish.com/a/vcsis/get-it-off-all-you-need-to-know-about-makeup-removers
- Noor, Syeda Farah “Benefits of using a makeup primer.” 9 December, 2015. https://www.boldsky.com/beauty/make-up-tips/2015/benefits-of-using-a-makeup-primer-094242.html
- Smith, Mary. “How to choose makeup remover.” https://beauty.onehowto.com/article/how-to-choose-makeup-remover-9574.html
- Uniprix. “The importance of proper makeup removal and cleansing.” 15 June, 2015. https://www.uniprix.com/en/tips/3/dermo-cosmetic/importance-proper-makeup-removal-cleansing
- WikiHow. “How to choose makeup primer.” https://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Makeup-Primer