The use of false eyelashes has become increasingly popular. You have MANY (100+) eyelash options from black owned beauty brands as described at the end of this post. Cosmetically, lavish lashes are striking and draw attention to the eyes. Research suggests that eyelashes serve to protect the eyes from dryness and dust particles in the air, and that medium length lashes (about one third of your eye width) may be most beneficial.
There are many styles and varieties. Individual and flare lashes are attached to one’s natural eyelashes, often at a salon by an Esthetician or trained specialist. Strip lashes on the other hand tend to be applied (doing it yourself) over the lash-line. Varieties include human hair and mink lashes which are more lightweight and natural in appearance. Faux mink and silk lashes are also available. Synthetic lashes are comparatively firmer, less expensive, and more voluminous. Double and 3D labeled eyelashes also indicate more volume. While most lashes tend to be full (designed for the entire eyelid), there are other types (e.g., corner, three quarter, and end) as well as lower lash (or bottom) styles.
One can reuse eyelashes with proper care, with some brands suggesting 20 or more wears. In selecting a lash style, one has to consider eye shape and other factors. See the reference section for information about selecting a good fit.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Lena Lashes (advertisement) offers a variety of strip mink eyelashes and synthetic 3D lashes with invisible bands.
- Öfuurë (advertisement) offers a selection of mink lashes that are reusable up to 15 wears. Use our links to get a discount at checkout.
- Opulence MD Beauty (advertisement) offers a selection of 3D mink magnetic lashes that last up to 45 wears. Other lash products include a lash and lid sanitizer, and a pristine eyelid cleansing system with cleaning wands, which are sold separately, or as a bundle. Magnetic liners are also available.
- Perfect Your Presence (PYP) by Derrick Rutledge (advertisement) offers a limited edition mink eyelash collection that includes two pairs of eyelashes, one 3D and one 5D, along with an applicator and latex free hypo-allergenic glue. This collection has the distinction of being featured as a black owned business on Oprah’s list favorite things for 2020.
- Trendi Fashions Boutique (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of faux mink strip eyelashes that are double and triple layered.
- UOMA Beauty @ Ulta (advertisement) offers several sets of eyelashes that are cruelty-free. These include 3D color blend purple and black lashes, diamanté embellished eyelashes, and show-stopping lash set.
- Bossy Lashes offers a selection of reusable mink among other types of strip lashes.
- Camara Aunique Beauty offers a diverse selection of strip lashes.
- Coloured Raine offers over 25 styles of strip eyelashes, that are made in the USA and FDA approved. These include several styles of faux mink eyelashes with invisible bands and 100% silk eyelashes.
- D Lashes offers kits containing different styles of strip and individual flare eyelashes.
- Ka’Oir offers 10 different styles of strip lashes made of 100% human hair. A lash bundle is also available.
- Kaylux offers a variety of lash styles made of quality poly-fiber with durable bands.
- KissKande offers a selection of 100% mink strip lashes.
- Klass Act Beauty offers a diverse set of strip lashes that include mink, synthetic, and human hair.
- Makeup For Melanin Girls (MGMG) offers a selection of silk eyelashes.
- Plain Jane Beauty offers individual and strip eyelashes, including a corner style.
- Sassy Jones offers a selection of 3D mink lashes.
- So So Shanel offers many varieties of 3D mink lashes, along with collection boxes that include several styles.
- Sugar Sweet Cosmetics offers a selection of selection of mink strip lashes, including queen 3D lashes.
- The Lash Firm offers a large selection of strip eyelashes in addition to trio bundles.
- Vickzinoo Collections offers a selection of trio set eyelashes made with natural fibers.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find eyelashes to suit your needs.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! Great sales at 50% off are also posted. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.Buy me a coffee
Follow our Blog
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest
- Amador GJ, Mao W, DeMercurio P, Montero C, Clewis J, Alexeev A, Hu DL. 2015 “Eyelashes divert airflow to protect the eye.” J. R. Soc. Interface 12: 20141294. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2014.1294
- Consumer Health Digest. “Everything every women must know about fake eyelashes.” https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/eyelash-care/false-eyelashes.html
- Cruel, Jessica. “Find the most flattering false lashes for your eye shape.” https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/False-Eyelashes-Your-Eye-Shape-25384257 10 October, 2012.
- “False eyelashes & your eyeshape.” http://www.eyewearlashes.com/false-eyelashes-your-eyeshape
- Gannon, Megan. “The best length for eyelashes, according to science.” https://www.livescience.com/49934-optimal-length-for-eyelashes-discovered.html
- Ignat, Inge. “Different types of false lashes.” http://www.becomegorgeous.com/make-up/makeup-tips/different_types_of_false_lashes-1678.html
- Mak. “What is the difference between silk, synthetic, and mink lashes?” https://www.acelashes.com/blog/What-is-the-difference-between-Silk-Synthetic-and-Mink-Lashes/ 10 July, 2017.