Updated September 2, 2023
There are SEVERAL choices of goat’s milk soap from black owned brands. Check out the company and product links below.
Goat’s milk is different from cow’s milk in several ways. Goat’s milk contains higher levels of magnesium, potassium, and lactic acid; and the fat particles are smaller. Goat’s milk also contains ample amounts of calcium, Vitamins A and B, and fatty acids. These properties contribute to the moisturizing, skin softening, and exfoliating properties of beauty products made with goat’s milk. Additionally, soap made with goat’s milk is said to help with eczema. In reviewing companies, I was moved by the stories and testimonials provided by vendors about the usefulness of their products to remedy eczema and other skin conditions.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Belna Candle Company (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of goat’s milk soaps that are sold individually and as part of a set.
- Mama G’s Home Fragrances (advertisement) has goat’s milk soaps in two sizes (regular and extra large).
- Smell Good Spa (advertisement) offers a goat’s milk bath in a jar. Several specialty bar soaps, each with a goat’s milk option is also available. Use the code leslie in the Shopping Cart for a 15% discount.
- Transformations By Taz (advertisement) has a selection of goat’s milk soaps that serve as shampoo bars and body cleansers.
- Cream & Coco offers a selection of soaps with goat’s milk. These include oatmeal and cream, sandalwood snickerdoodle, pear Riesling, and dream baby soaps.
- Komfort Zone offers an oatmeal and goat’s milk soap that is also made with honey, Shea and cocoa butters.
- Love Mother Eartha offers a lavender silk body bar made with goat’s milk, and a rose petal body scrub bar infused with goat’s milk.
I hope you find a goat’s milk soap that works for you. Happy shopping!
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- Arora, R., Bhojak, N., & Joshi, R. “Comparative Aspacts of Goat and Cow Milk.” International Journal of Engineering Science Invention. http://www.ijesi.org/papers/Vol(2)1/B210710.pdf December, 2013
- Bhandari, Bhesh. “With fat globules, size matters.” https://www.foodprocessing.com.au/content/processing/article/with-fat-globules-size-matters-193611797 31 August, 2017
- Jackson, Kristen Collins. “Using goat’s milk for hair & skin benefits may be your best beauty decision this year.” https://www.bustle.com/articles/123717-using-goats-milk-for-hair-skin-benefits-may-be-your-best-beauty-decision-this-year 3 December, 2015
- McLaughlin, Sharon T. “What is the benefit of goat milk soap?” https://www.huffingtonpost.com/sharon-t-mclaughlin-md-facs/what-is-the-benefit-of-go_b_9286700.html 23 February, 2017
- Miley, Michelle. “The good things goat’s milk soap does for the skin.” https://www.livestrong.com/article/176480-the-good-things-goats-milk-soap-does-for-the-skin/ 14 August, 2017
- Sharma, R., Sanodiya, B. S., Thakur, G. S., Jaiswal, P., Pal., S., Sharma, A., & Bisen, P. S. “Characterization of Lactic Acid Bacteria from Raw Milk Samples of Cow, Goat, Sheep, Camel and Buffalo with Special Elucidation to Lactic Acid Production.” http://www.journalrepository.org/media/journals/BMRJ_8/2013/Sep/Sharma342013BMRJ4860.pdf September 2013