Updated March 16, 2023
Fascinators are popular world wide. Fascinators are appropriate for many occasions throughout the year including weddings, church, teas, and other social gatherings. It is important though to chose your fascinator(s) wisely to consider the shape of your face, outfit, hairstyle, and more. Fortunately, you have many fascinator options from black owned brands. This includes embellished headbands that are fascinator like. See the companies and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the link in making a purchase.
- Afrilege (advertisement) has a selection of fascinators adorned with lace and African prints.
- Evelyn Creation Inc. (advertisement) has a selection of African printe fascinatorsembellished with flowers. Fascinators can be worn as a hair accessory or as a boutonnières.
- Geaux Chapeaux Millinery (advertisement) offers a large selection of fascinators in diverse styles and textiles.
- Jose Tucker Millinery (advertisement) offers a large selection of fascinators. These include fascinators by color and season, African print fascinators, and fascinators for children.
- Mono Bo Chapo Hat (advertisement) has a selection of fascinators in several colors/prints.
- Rose Collins Millinery (advertisement) offers a selection of fascinators in diverse textiles and colors.
- Statuesque By Sharon (advertisement) has a diverse selection of colorful and decorative fascinators.
- Tayamika (advertisement) offers a selection of African print fascinators.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of fascinators with embellishments, and with Ankara prints.
- American Hats offers a large selection of fascinators in many colors and styles.
- Camellias and Curls offers headbands adored with handmade silk floral blooms.
- Chic & Curvy is offering a selection of “final sale” fascinators in many styles and colors.
- Harriet Rosebud Hats offers fascinators in a variety of forms, fabrics, and colors.
In reviewing these companies, I hope you find fascinators that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- Agorye, Jessica. “Trend alert! Fascinators are at the heart of the latest Nigerian wedding style.” 27 March, 2018. http://www.stylerave.com/2018/03/trend-alert-fascinators-are-at-the-heart-of-the-latest-nigerian-wedding-style/
- Bassey, Eudy. “How to choose the right fascinator for your face shape, hair style and outfit.” 12 July, 2018. https://www.humourandstyle.com/how-to-choose-right-fascinator/
- LinkedIn Learning. 10 January, 2014. “Choosing the perfect fascinator.” https://www.slideshare.net/fascinatorsandmillinery/choosing-the-perfect-fascinator
5 thoughts on “Get Your Fascinator On From Black Owned Brands”
I love fascinators and big hats! But, it’s so hard finding them, especially if you’re not shopping online. I have an event coming up in a couple months that requires a big hat! I will definitely try the companies that you suggested when it’s time to buy one! Thank you girl!
I never knew that’s what they were called! They are so beautiful. Now I know where to get them. Thank you!
Ooh you just gave me some inspiration for my Easter outfit! Thanks for compiling this list!
I remember my first fascinate. It was everything and nobody could tell me anything! I’m trying not to start a collection but I may just have to bite the bullet.
I love learning about Black owned businesses! Thanks for the tips!