Coconut oil is extracted from the white flesh within the coconut. The oil is a common ingredient in lotion, soap, and other beauty goods. It also has many uses as a stand alone product. This includes makeup removal as coconut oil serves the dual purpose of breaking down dirt and water repellent substances while also softening skin. However, as coconut oil can clog pores, I usually finish with a makeup remover. Further, coconut oil can be used as a face and body moisturizer, hair conditioner, foot treatment, and more. Fortunately there are several options from black owned brands. See the companies and product links below for more details.
- Alaffia offers a fermented coconut oil, that is unrefined and made in West Africa using a traditional fermentation method.
- Anita Grant offers an organic virgin coconut oil that is cold pressed from the milk and flesh within an hour of opening the coconut. A sample size is available.
- Asim Supreme offers an extra virgin organic coconut oil that is unrefined and unbleached from non genetically modified coconuts.
- Naturally Made For You offers an organic coconut oil that can be used for multiple purposes.
- Sunny Isle Black Jamaican Castor Oil offers an organic extra virgin coconut oil that is extracted the “old fashioned Jamaican way.”
- Yadain Cultural Solutions offers a coconut whole oil that is 100% raw organic virgin coconut oil.
I hope in reviewing these companies and products, you find a coconut oil that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 a year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
See the following sources for specific information on the various uses of coconut oil.
- Fab How. “How to use coconut oil as a makeup remover.” 21 January, 2017. https://www.fabhow.com/use-coconut-oil-as-makeup-remover.html
- Organic Facts. “Does coconut oil clog pores.” https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/coconut-oil-clog-pores.html
- Pop Sugar and Kristi Kellogg. “30 coconut oil uses for beauty: Unexpected hair and skin benefits.” 30 December, 2017. https://www.allure.com/story/beauty-uses-for-coconut-oil
- Sruthika. “How to use coconut oil on your feet.” 15 July, 2016. https://diyremedies.org/coconut-oil-for-feet/