Coconut oil is extracted from the white flesh within the coconut. The oil is a common ingredient in lotion, soap, and other beauty goods. It also has many uses as a stand alone product. This includes makeup removal as coconut oil serves the dual purpose of breaking down dirt and water repellent substances while also softening skin. However, as coconut oil can clog pores, I usually finish with a makeup remover. Further, coconut oil can be used as a face and body moisturizer, hair conditioner, foot treatment, and more. See the companies and product links below for more details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Anita Grant (advertisement) offers an organic virgin coconut oil that is cold pressed from the milk and flesh within an hour of opening the coconut. A sample size is available. Products are pictured below (advertisement).
- Alaffia offers a fermented coconut oil, that is unrefined and made in West Africa using a traditional fermentation method.
- Alaffia on Amazon (advertisement)
- Asim Supreme offers an extra virgin organic coconut oil that is unrefined and unbleached from non genetically modified coconuts.
- Sunny Isle Black Jamaican Castor Oil offers an organic extra virgin coconut oil that is extracted the "old fashioned Jamaican way."
- Sunny Isle Black Jamaican Castor Oil on Amazon (advertisement)
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find a coconut oil that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don't have to! Great sales at 50% off are also posted. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 a year. Or consider the following.Buy me a coffee
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
See the following sources for specific information on the various uses of coconut oil.
- Fab How. "How to use coconut oil as a makeup remover." 21 January, 2017. https://www.fabhow.com/use-coconut-oil-as-makeup-remover.html
- Organic Facts. "Does coconut oil clog pores." https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/coconut-oil-clog-pores.html
- Pop Sugar and Kristi Kellogg. "30 coconut oil uses for beauty: Unexpected hair and skin benefits." 30 December, 2017. https://www.allure.com/story/beauty-uses-for-coconut-oil
- Sruthika. "How to use coconut oil on your feet." 15 July, 2016. https://diyremedies.org/coconut-oil-for-feet/