As the end of summer approaches, you may be in the market for notebooks, backpacks, and other supplies for the start of the school year. As such there are culturally representative options from black owned brands. See the following companies and product links for more details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- #BlackBoyJoy Apparel (advertisement) offers backpacks with the company logo in a base color of black or white.
- Brown Kid Swagcom (advertisement) offers a selection of thematic backpacks (e.g., black girl astronaut, black boy pilot). Custom lunch bags are also available.
- Blended Designs offers backpacks, and accessories such as lunch boxes, face masks, and cases (for pencils, earbuds, and other items).
- Blended Designs is also available on Amazon. (advertisement)
- April Olivia offers a variety of personalized 9 x 12 two pocket folders, along with lined spiral notebooks (8.5 x 11). The notebooks can also be personalized and bought in a set with a matching folder at a reduced price.
- Black Girl Powerhouse offers a selection of thematic backpacks for boys and girls (e.g., school girls). A natural girls lunch bag is also available.
- Boutique Mix offers a selection of engraved pencil sets that incorporate the African continent in the lettering.
- Coco’Pie Clothing offers a selection of culturally representative backpacks, drawstring and tote bags.
- Innovative Supplies offers several themed spiral notebooks. Different styles of paper can be selected (i.e., college and wide ruled). Notebooks are handmade in the USA.
- Makeba Design and Prints offers a variety of supplies under their “products” category. These include different themed pencil pouches, lunch bags, face masks, and backpacks.
- Modern Figures Podcast offers a selection of backpacks celebrating women and girls in computing. Laptop sleeves are also available.
I hope in reviewing these companies and products, you find school supplies that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! Great sales at 50% off are also posted. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 a year. Or consider the following.Buy me a coffee
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
Photo Credit: Tamarcus Brown