October 30 has been designated as “National Dashiki Day” where individuals not only wear dashikis but post their pictures on social media. Find 100+ dashikis from black owned brands below.
Dashikis and other African styled clothing are also frequently worn during Black history month, and during the holidays for Kwanzaa celebrations. African prints in general have become increasingly integrated into all types of clothing for everyday wear. In this overview then, we go beyond the traditional tunic style dashiki to highlight outerwear, tee-shirts, dresses, and more. A common thread across dashiki styled clothing is use of the Angelina fabric pattern as pictured. This distinctive “cigar” shaped pattern is often found as an embellished “V” cascading from the neckline. The fuller form of the cigar shape is represented in other styles such as maxi dresses. See the following company and product links for more information.
The table below represents SPONSORS of Shop With Leslie and we appreciate their support! You are encouraged to click their product links and explore!
|Several types of dashiki themed (Angelina print) items are offered for women. These include dresses, a pants set, and leggings. Clothing for men include casual tribal, and casual cultural dashikis. There are also Angelina print dashikis for children and youth.|
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- African Bookstore offers a selection of traditional print dashikis for men and women. A wicker handle purse with the Angelina print is also featured.
- Afrikrea is an ecommerce site with vendors worldwide that create goods inspired by Africa. There are numerous dashikis as well as other items (e.g., hats, shoes, jackets, and shirts) with the Angelina pattern.
- African Fabric Co. offers a variety of dashiki styled clothing options for men and women.
- Borokiniyabo offers a queen gown maxi dress with a black or red base.
- Dashiki Pride offers a variety of clothing options with the Angelina pattern for men, women, and children. These includes tunics, dresses, skirts, jackets, and accessories.
- D’iyanu offers a variety of dashiki clothing with the Angelina print for men, women, and children. These include tee-shirts, tunics, skirts, and more.
- Endless Fashion offers a traditional print kaftan in several base colors. Dashikis for men, women, and children are also available.
- Gideon’s Needle offers a selection of items with the Angelina print including the custom made Royal Kumasi Collection.
- Grass Fields offers a selection of dashiki clothing that includes an off the shoulder tunic, crop tops, and top and pants sets.
- Izzy & Liv offers kaftan styled dashiki tunics in several colors.
- Lakay Designs offers a selection of dashiki styled aprons in various colors. Leggings and footwear are also available.
- Lola’s African Apparel offers a selection of dashikis for men, women, and boys.
- Mad Kollection offers a dashiki/tunic maxi dress, and a dashiki tunic, both of which are gathered at the waist. A white maxi dress with Angelina print on the neckline is also offered.
- Marchal’s Designs offers a selection of dashiki styled clothing for men and women.
- Mawusi offers dashiki clothing for children.
- Ocacia offers a “dashiki 101” for men and women that is embellished with high end west African embroidery.
- Ray Darten offers a selection of dashiki dresses.
- Tess World Designs offers a selection of dashiki tunics for men and women.
- The Dream World offers a men’s long sleeved shirt and a maxi dress cape with the Angelina pattern.
- Vickzinoo Collections offers an assymetrical Ayo top with flared sleeves.
In reviewing these company and product links, I hope you find dashiki styled clothing that works for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 a year.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
For more information about the Angelina print, see the following sources.
- African Celebs. “Why dashiki African fabric is called Angelina.” http://africancelebs.com/dashiki-african-fabric-called-angelina/
- Kynan-Wilson, William. “Stories and storytellers: The naming of textiles in west Africa.” https://medium.com/from-traditional-to-contemporary-aesthetic/stories-and-storytellers-the-naming-of-textiles-in-west-africa-d9a089fe8b19