Updated September 2, 2023
Though cardigans, shawls, and ponchos can be worn throughout the year, they are especially useful as the weather turns cooler. What’s more they add style to an outfit through texture and color; and all have been trending for some time. In this post, there are links to 100+ options from black owned brands for men and women to fit one’s body type, taste, budget, size, and occasion. See the company and products links below for more information.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Akoo (advertisement) has a zip up “predator sweater” cardigan in two colors. Be sure to use the code SHOPWITHLESLIEBLOG for a 10% discount.
- Billionaire Boys Club @ Nordstrom (advertisement) has a varsity themed cardigan made in two colors.
- Off White (advertisement) has varsity styled cardigans in black and white. Cardigans are also available on Farfetch (advertisement).
- Off White cardigans are also available at Nordstrom (advertisement)
- Maxhosa Africa has a selection of knit cardigans reflective of the patterns and symbols of the Xhosa people.
- Good American (advertisement) offers micro cardigans in several colors as well as a varsity cardigan.
- If Knot For Your Grace (advertisement) has a crocheted pocket shawl in many colors. It is also available with and without fringe.
- It’s A Black Thang (advertisement) has an extensive selection of cardigans representing black sororities and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Rebdolls (advertisement) has a selection of cardigans, many of which also have matching skirts and pants.
- Chic and Curvy offers cardigans in various styles including wrap/waterfall, bolero, traditional button down, and dusters, and in solids and prints. Ponchos in various styles are also available.
In reviewing these company and product links, I hope you find cardigans, shawls and ponchos that work for you.
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.