Photo Credit: Fulvio Tognon on Pixabay
Belts are a wardrobe staple and serve many purposes. Belts when needed hold up the trousers, can be used to accent the waist, and add color and texture to an outfit. Belts have been trending for the past two years, and these trends include something for everyone (e.g., wide, thin, leather, embellished, patterned, and more). There are belts from black owned brands (for men and women) that reflect these trends. See the following companies and product links for more information.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Kenyan Crafts Company (advertisement) offers a selection of unisex and men’s handcrafted Maasai belts.
- Kingsley Leather (advertisement) offers a selection of handcrafted leather belts and provides a choice of buckles.
- Negash Apparel and Footwear (advertisement) offers “signature belts” in multiple colors that are made of leather and handcrafted.
- Tucci Polo (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of leather belts (e.g., calfskin, crocodile). Use the coupon code leslie for a 10% discount.
- MAUD by Laura (advertisement) offers a selection of handcrafted, thematic, and decorated belts in a variety of textiles and styles.
- The Folklore (advertisement) offers a made to order leather belt that is available in several colors. You can also choose a gold or silver buckle.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of belts that include thin, wide, leather, fabric (Ankara), and mixtures of Ankara and leather.
- April Blooms Boutique offers belts that include a faux suede leather belt in black and a faux leather belt in several colors.
- Blue Labels Boutique offers a selections of belts that include embellished, warrior, draping, and beaded styles.
- Kiya Tomlin offers a diverse assortment of belts, including corset, “cumberland” (wide leather), and gold tone.
Belts make great gifts, and in reviewing these companies and product links I hope you find styles that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! Great sales at 50% off are also posted. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 a year. Or consider the following.
For more information about belt trends, see the following sources for this post.
- “19+ main belt trend forecast for Winter and Fall 2018.” https://www.pouted.com/19-belt-trend-forecast-fall-winter-2017/
- Jain, Anusha. “Woman’s fashion trends straight from the runways; belt styles for 2017.” 25 May, 2017. https://shilpaahuja.com/womens-fashion-belt-trends/
- Tai, Cordelia. “We’re back on statement belts (and not in an early 2000s Kim Kardashian sort of way.” 8 February, 2018. http://www.thefashionspot.com/style-trends/781147-statement-belts/#/slide/1