Photo Credit: Fulvio Tognon on Pixabay
Belts are a wardrobe staple and serve many purposes. Belts when needed hold up the trousers, can be used to accent the waist, and add color and texture to an outfit. Belts have been trending for the past two years, and these trends include something for everyone (e.g., wide, thin, leather, embellished, patterned, and more). There are belts from black owned brands (for men and women) that reflect these trends. See the following companies and product links for more information.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of wax and beaded/leather belts.
- Kingsley Leather offers a selection of handcrafted leather belts and provides a choice of buckles.
- Negash offers their signature black and brown belts that are made of leather and handcrafted.
- Ron Donovan offers an assortment of belts that are made to order.
- Sole Rebels offers a nesta wrap belt, and a diamond belt. Both are made of pure leather and embellished with hand loomed fabric.
- Telfar offers a black leather belt with a gold or silver buckle.
- Tucci Polo offers a diverse selection of leather belts (e.g., calfskin, crocodile).
- Want Les Essentiels offers belts that are woven in black leather or viscose.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of belts that include thin, wide, leather, fabric (Ankara), and mixtures of Ankara and leather.
- Afrohemien offers a cowrie shell belt in various colors.
- Blue Labels Boutique offers a selections of belts that include embellished, warrior, draping, and beaded styles.
- Chic and Curvy offers a selection of mirrored and elastic band belts.
- Fly Jane offers a selection of belts, many of which are corset styled. Other styles include black bands with gold toned details.
- Kiya Tomlin offers two belts, a corset, and “cumberland” (wide leather).
- LipaSabyMNK offers decorative belts made of Ankara or quilted fabric.
- Romeo Hunte offers a selection of belts with draping chains.
- Sofistafunk offers a silk big bow wrap belt.
- Sassy Jones Boutique offers a selection of “yaya” leather belts and more in several colors.
- Urbane African offers Ankara fabric belts that are waist bow and corset styled.
- Vita Talie offers a selection of fabric peplum belts which are reversible.
- Want Les Essentiels offers leather belts in black and dark brown.
Belts make great gifts, and in reviewing these companies and product links I hope you find styles that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 a year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
For more information about belt trends, see the following sources for this post.
- “19+ main belt trend forecast for Winter and Fall 2018.” https://www.pouted.com/19-belt-trend-forecast-fall-winter-2017/
- Jain, Anusha. “Woman’s fashion trends straight from the runways; belt styles for 2017.” 25 May, 2017. https://shilpaahuja.com/womens-fashion-belt-trends/
- Tai, Cordelia. “We’re back on statement belts (and not in an early 2000s Kim Kardashian sort of way.” 8 February, 2018. http://www.thefashionspot.com/style-trends/781147-statement-belts/#/slide/1