Photo Credit: Fulvio Tognon on Pixabay
Belts are a wardrobe staple and serve many purposes. Belts when needed hold up the trousers, can be used to accent the waist, and add color and texture to an outfit. Belts have been trending for the past two years, and these trends include something for everyone (e.g., wide, thin, leather, embellished, patterned, and more). There are belts from black owned brands (for men and women) that reflect these trends. See the following companies and product links for more information.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Negash Apparel and Footwear (advertisement) offers “signature belts” in multiple colors that are made of leather and handcrafted.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of wax and beaded/leather belts.
- Kingsley Leather offers a selection of handcrafted leather belts and provides a choice of buckles.
- Ron Donovan offers an assortment of leather belts that are made to order.
- Sole Rebels offers a nesta wrap belt, and a diamond belt. Both are made of pure leather and embellished with hand loomed fabric.
- Telfar offers a black leather belt with a gold or silver buckle.
- The Melanated Men’s Store offers a large selection of belts consisting of canvas, leather, and more.
- Tucci Polo offers a diverse selection of leather belts (e.g., calfskin, crocodile).
- Want Les Essentiels offers belts that are woven in black leather or viscose.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of belts that include thin, wide, leather, fabric (Ankara), and mixtures of Ankara and leather.
- Afrohemien offers a cowrie shell belt in various colors.
- ArrieP Boutique offers a selection of belts, including black fringe belt with silver studs.
- Blue Labels Boutique offers a selections of belts that include embellished, warrior, draping, and beaded styles.
- Chic and Curvy offers a selection of mirrored and elastic band belts.
- Emijaa Jaamil offers statement belts in bold colors/prints.
- Fly Jane offers a selection of belts, many of which are corset styled. Other styles include black bands with gold toned details.
- Glam Her Boutique offers a “Missie” belt with fringe in the back with either gold or silver buckles.
- Kiya Tomlin offers a diverse assortment of belts, including corset, “cumberland” (wide leather), and gold tone.
- Kloset Envy offers a wide black lace waist belt.
- Loza Maleombho offers a selection of Kpele belts with pouches, in various colors and textures.
- Renee’s Armoire offers a selection of belts that include S & M chain and clear styles.
- Romeo Hunte offers a selection of belts with draping chains.
- Terina Nicole offers an asymmetrical black leather (recycled from garments) waist cincher.
- Tru Face By Grace offers an Ankara fringe belt that can also be worn as a tube top.
- Unlimited Masterpieces offers a diverse selection of belts, including “bad to the bone” belt in black with long fringe. A pearl and stretch belt in several colors is also available.
- Vita Talie offers a selection of fabric peplum belts which are reversible.
- Want Les Essentiels offers leather belts in multiple colors.
Belts make great gifts, and in reviewing these companies and product links I hope you find styles that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. Our motto is: We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 a year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
For more information about belt trends, see the following sources for this post.
- “19+ main belt trend forecast for Winter and Fall 2018.” https://www.pouted.com/19-belt-trend-forecast-fall-winter-2017/
- Jain, Anusha. “Woman’s fashion trends straight from the runways; belt styles for 2017.” 25 May, 2017. https://shilpaahuja.com/womens-fashion-belt-trends/
- Tai, Cordelia. “We’re back on statement belts (and not in an early 2000s Kim Kardashian sort of way.” 8 February, 2018. http://www.thefashionspot.com/style-trends/781147-statement-belts/#/slide/1