As the holidays set in, you may be wondering about entertaining, or what treats to bring to events including family gatherings, office parties, and the like. There are plenty of diverse offerings from black owned brands. In this post, we identify these by type to include cakes, chocolates, cookies and brownies, cup-cakes, and other snacks (i.e., popcorn, pretzels, nuts, and chips). Companies with vegan and healthful points of interest about products (e.g., gluten free) are noted. See the links below for more details about product offerings and shipping.
- Cakelove offers sets of cakes in a jar (e.g., twelve 4 ounce jars) of a particular kind, and variety packs.
- Cami Cakes offers a selection of whole and Bundt cakes in various flavors.
- Natalie’s Cakes and More offers a caramel cake.
- The Black Cake Company offers a selection of cakes and loaves in different sizes and shapes, including miniatures and sheet cake.
- The Furlough Cheesecake offers original and sweet potato cheesecakes.
- Yummy Brothers offers an assortment of cakes such as pound, chocolate, and Bundt.
- 3 Some Chocolates offers a diverse selection of chocolate goods including truffles, chocolates cones and bars, organic, and vegan chocolate.
- 57 Chocolate offers a large selection of chocolates that range from 10 to 50 grams.
- Askanya offers a selection of chocolate bars, including variety packs.
- Dark Sugars Chocolate offers a large selection of chocolates and truffles. Vegan chocolates are also included.
- Harlem Chocolate Factory offers a range of chocolates including turtles, bonbons and truffles, and bark.
- Loshes Chocolate offers among other things a selection of chocolate bars and gift boxes.
- Midunu Chocolates offers an assortment of boxes of chocolates in various sizes.
- My Chocolate Soul offers a selection of chocolates (e.g., small bars, turtles, and truffles).
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates offers an assortment of chocolates (e.g., turtles, cherry cordials).
- Cookie Kahuna offers a selection of chocolate chip, and chocolate chip pecan cookies.
- Edible Blessings offers a variety of cookies (e.g., chocolate chip, pecan chocolate, oatmeal raisin) in regular and large sizes. A selection of brownies is also available.
- Finally Ginger offers an assortment of ginger cookies in many flavors (e.g., original ginger, chocolate) and flavor combinations.
- Glassy Brown Cookies offers a variety of cookies (e.g., chocolate chip, oatmeal, and vegan) as well as cookie dough. Cookie sandwiches are also offered.
- Harlem Chocolate Factory offers a selection of cookies, individually or as part of a platter.
- Juanita’s Jar offers a selection of cookies in triple chocolate chip, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin.
- Mr. Cory’s Cookies offers a selection of cookies in chocolate chip and creamsicle.
- My Chocolate Soul offers a selection of brownies ( in plain and pecan), and cookies in chocolate chip and pecan chocolate chip.
- Natalie’s Cakes and More offers a selection of cookies in many flavors. Brownies in various flavors are also offered.
- Partake Foods offers a selection of vegan and gluten free cookies.
- Sweet Dames offers a selection of gluten free coconut macaroons as well as a variety pack.
- Tonya’s Cookies offers a variety of gluten free cookie selections, in tins, jars, and packages.
- Way To Life Foods offers chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies that are vegan, and made with organic, unbleached whole wheat flour.
- Yummy Brothers offers a selection of cookies, including several vegan options.
- Cami Cakes offers a selection of regular- and mini-sized cupcakes.
- Edible Blessings offers a selection of cupcakes in various sizes (e.g., regular, mini, and jumbo).
- Chikas offers nuts (e.g., cashews, almonds, peanuts) in a variety of flavors. A selection of plantain crisps are also offered. Several snakes are gluten free and vegan.
- Painted Pretzel offers a variety of pretzel snacks such as pretzels dipped in chocolate, and pretzel bark combined with peanut butter. Samplers and variety packs are available. Several holiday themed items are also offered.
- Pittman’s Popcorn Shop offers a selection of gourmet popcorn in many flavors (e.g., caramel, birthday cake) and sizes.
- Rap Snacks offers an assortment of snacks. This includes chips in various flavors (e.g., New York deli cheddar and sour cream with a dab or ranch), hot cheese fries, and a selection of cheese puffs. White cheddar popcorn is also available.
- Sha-Poppin Gourmet Popcorn offers a selection of gourmet and specialty popcorn in many flavors (e.g., extreme cheddar, pizza-licious) and sizes.
- Soul Popped offers a selection of popcorn based on soul food flavors (e.g., chicken and waffles, Austin smoke barbecue).
- South Central Farmer’s Cooperative offers organic kale chips that are sold individually or in a case of 20 bags.
- Symphony Chips offers a selection of gourmet potato chips.
- Tru Pop offers a selection of non GMO popcorn, that is 35 or 40 calories per cup, and with zero sugars, trans fats, or cholesterol.
- Way To Life Foods offers a a wide selection of all natural, organic and vegan granola, as well as endurance energy bars which are organic, vegan, wheat and dairy free.
In reviewing these companies and products I hope you find treats that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is now offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ gifts for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ gifts for $10.00 and less, 200+ gifts from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ gifts from $15.01 to $25.00. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. Sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 a year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.