Mascara is a makeup staple, and there are many options from black owned brands. In selecting a mascara, one needs to think about type, color, and one’s own preferences. While black mascara is widespread, brown mascara is more subtle. Types of mascaras include those which add length, volume, or both; and others that are water-proof or -resistant. Some are indicated as having a curling effect. In this post we review cosmetic companies for various types and colors. Furthermore, non mascara eyelash enhancement and conditioning products are included. See the company and product links below for more details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Pat McGrath Labs (advertisement) offers an all in one “fetish eyes” mascara in black, that adds volume, length, and conditions. It is also available on Amazon (advertisement)
- The Lip Bar (advertisement) offers a lash flash strengthening mascara infused with green tea extract to condition the lashes. It is available in black.
- Beauty Bakerie offers an eyelash icing mascara that is waterproof and adds volume. It comes in ink black.
- B.A.A.B.S. offers an intense mascara that adds volume and curls. Colors include black and brown. A waterproof mascara is also available in black.
- Glamorous Eye Candy Cosmetics offers a lash extender primer & conditioner, and a volumizing and water resistant black mascara.
- Plain Jane Beauty offers a lash brilliance eyelash conditioner. The lash brilliance eyelash conditioner is available on Amazon (Advertisement).
- Vera Moore Cosmetics offers a mascara that adds volume and length. Colors include black, brown, and blue.
In reviewing these companies and products I hope you find a mascara that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.