Photo Credit: WikiImages
On November 4, 2008 Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States (POTUS), and he was the first African American to hold this office. Consequently, there have been merchandising efforts that depict his likeliness, and that of his family. In this post we review Obama themed merchandise from black owned brands (e.g., tee-shirts, handbags, lapel pins, and home goods). If you are one of the many millions of people who admire the 44th POTUS, check out the company and product links below.
The Obama/Biden ticket won the popular vote by more than 9 million, and had well above the 270 electoral votes needed to win. President Obama’s many accomplishments during his eight year tenure left the United States in better shape than when he took office. His achievements include expanding access to health care via his signature Affordable Care Act, rebounding the economy from the Great Recession, increasing consumer protections (e.g., in education, food safety, and lending), supporting and redressing civil rights (e.g., in housing, immigration, criminal justice, and agriculture). Furthermore, Barack Obama has been the most admired person in the United States for 10 years in a row according to Gallup polling.
The table below represents SPONSORS of Shop With Leslie and we appreciate their support! You are encouraged to click their product links and explore!
|Stephanie Hill-Ross||A variety of Obama themed merchandise is offered. These include a King of America accent pillow, statement clutch, modal scarf, table runner, and umbrella.|
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements,at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- 44th Legacy was created to honor the first African American POTUS. A variety of jewelry and accessories are offered (i.e., cuff-links, medallions), and in different metals including yellow alloy, sterling silver, and 18K gold.
- African American Expressions offers a variety of Obama themed merchandise including mugs, calendars, journals, and more. You can find products on Amazon (Advertisement).
- Afrikrea offers an Obama digital collage.
- Art to Light offers Obama themed switch (light) plates with Obama alone, and with other historical figures (i.e., Martin Luther King and Malcolm X).
- Cultural Interiors offers an Obama presidential ornament, and 2019 calendars, “The Obamas” and “Michelle Obama.” Other items include a set of bookmarks and journal.
- Deluxe Designs offers a President Obama print in different sizes, and a President Obama rug.
- Kampind offers a “Michelle Obama Forever FLOTUS” greeting card.
- IQ Studio offers two Obama portraits, involving “pop art,” and “waving goodbye.”
- It’s A Black Thang offers a selection of Obama merchandise that includes prints, mugs, figurines, and more.
Support Black Businesses through a Visa or MasterCard Gift Card (Advertisement)
- Joon Africa offers an Obama family canvas ornament.
- M. Falconer offers various types of Obama paintings including prints and originals. A Michelle Obama hooded sweatshirt is also available.
- Melaninful offers Obama “I’m still with him” tees and sweatshirts, as well as a mug.
- Power In Black offers a variety of Obama themed tee-shirts.
- Purse Paparazzi offers handbags featuring Michelle Obama. These include fanny- and back-packs, round satchels, and a clutch.
- Radical Dreams offers an assortment of Barack and Michelle Obama lapel pins.
- Rain + Sky offers hand-painted wine bottles that include portraits of Barack and Michelle Obama.
- Reign Entertainment offers a variety of Obama themed items that include hand painted boots and digital artwork.
- Served Fresh offers a unisex “Couple of the United States” tee-shirt.”
- Tees In The Trap offers a variety of Michelle Obama stickers.
- The Black Art Depot offers a large assortment of Obama themed merchandise that includes calendars, mugs, tee-shirts, and prints.
- The Dyna Styles offers a selection of Forever First Lady merchandise that includes sticker sheets, a notebook, and cosmetic bag.
- The Trini Gee offers a Barack Obama zipper bag.
- xNasozi offers a Barack Obama throw pillow in wax print.
In reviewing these items, I hope you find Obama themed merchandise you will enjoy.
Happy Shopping! Happy Black History Month!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- Amatulli, Jenna. “Barack Obama is ‘Most Admired Man’ for 10th year in a row, Gallup Poll says.” 27 December, 2017. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/barack-obama-most-admired-man-gallup_us_5a43b77fe4b0b0e5a7a4120b
- Glastris Paul, and LeTourneau, Nancy. “Obama’s 50 top accomplishments revisited.” January/February 2017. https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/januaryfebruary-2017/obamas-top-50-accomplishments-revisited/
- The Pragmatic Progressive. “Nearly 500 accomplishments by President Obama with citations.” http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/
- Wikipedia. “2008 United States Presidential Election.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_States_presidential_election