In our view, sterling silver jewelry is always fashionable. It is also long-lasting and less expensive than gold. In shopping for sterling silver, it is important to recognize authentic labels. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and often denoted as 925. Jewelry labeled as “sterling” is another indicator. Silver plated jewelry on the other hand has a thin layer of silver on top of some other metal such as brass. Whether you are seeking earrings, chain or cuff jewelry, rings, a necklace or more, there are plenty of sterling silver options (100 + items) from black owned brands. See the following companies and product links for more details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisement in making a purchase
- AngeB Designs (advertisement) offers diverse bracelets that include a large cuff, bangle and link bracelets, and ones with geometric patterns.
- Saajie (advertisement) offers an African geometric cuff bracelet and a sacred geometry bracelet with gemstones.
- The Silverman (advertisement) offers a variety of bracelets such as the Ankh cross bracelet and a New Orleans bracelet.
- The Pink Locket offers many styles that include the following.
- Omi Woods (advertisement) offers a diverse and large selection of medallion necklaces. These include pendant necklace stacks. Sterling options are available on most styles.
- Omi Woods offers a diverse and large selection of rings. Sterling options are available on many styles.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find sterling silver jewelry works for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has an ETSY Store with merchandise celebrating culture. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog. A selection is provided below. FREE shipping.
For more information about sterling silver, check out the references below.
- Gal, Janos. “How to identify silver versus silver plate.” 12 April, 2017. https://ourpastimes.com/identify-silver-vs-silver-plate-8152485.html
- Ginny. “Difference between silver, sterling silver, silver plated, and vermeil.” 11 July, 2017. https://blog.centimegift.com/difference-between-silver-sterling-silver-and-silver-plated/