Updated on September 16, 2022
In our view, sterling silver jewelry is always fashionable. It is also long-lasting and less expensive than gold. In shopping for sterling silver, it is important to recognize authentic labels. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and often denoted as 925. Jewelry labeled as “sterling” is another indicator. Silver plated jewelry on the other hand has a thin layer of silver on top of some other metal such as brass. Whether you are seeking earrings, chain or cuff jewelry, rings, a necklace or more, there are plenty of sterling silver options (100 + items) from black owned brands. See the following companies and product links for more details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisement in making a purchase
- Peace images offers mangosteen body and sabi foot chains for which sterling is an option.
- AngeB Designs (advertisement) offers diverse bracelets, several of which are made from recycled silver.
- Designs By Muriel (advertisement) offers handcrafted sterling silver box chain and byzantine bracelets.
- Serena Williams Jewelry (advertisement) has sterling silver bracelets embellished with diamonds.
- The Silverman (advertisement) has an extensive selection of bracelets, several of which are embellished with gemstones.
- ULove Jewelry (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of bracelets with and without gemstones.
- Queen Adwoa’s Closet offers a Nusa Dua bangle.
- AngeB Designs (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of earrings, many of which are made from recycled silver.
- The Silverman (advertisement) offers diverse styles of hoop earrings. A category for stud earrings is also available.
- ULove Jewelry (advertisement) offers several options for earrings, and ear spirals and pins.
- Zoul Jewelry (advertisement) offers a selection of statement earrings.
- Octave Jewelry has a selection of hoop earrings.
- Mombasa offers Nandi hoop earrings.
- AngeB Designs (advertisement) offers a statement bibb necklace.
- Omi Woods (advertisement) offers a diverse and large selection of medallion necklaces. These include pendant necklace stacks. Sterling options are available on most styles.
- Serena Williams Jewelry (advertisement) has a selection of sterling silver and diamond pendant necklaces.
- The Silverman (advertisement) offers a variety of necklaces, many of which are available in sets.
- ULove Jewelry (advertisement) offers a large selection of pendant and medallion necklaces.
- 44th Legacy offers a pendant in honor of President Barack Obama.
- The Pink Locket offers a geometric charm necklace.
- AngeB Designs (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of rings.
- The Silverman (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of rings.
- ULove Jewelry (advertisement) offers a large and diverse selection of rings.
- Omi Woods offers a diverse and large selection of rings. Sterling options are available on many styles.
- Queen Adwoa’s Closet offers a lotus flower ring.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find sterling silver jewelry works for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
For more information about sterling silver, check out the references below.
- Gal, Janos. “How to identify silver versus silver plate.” 12 April, 2017. https://ourpastimes.com/identify-silver-vs-silver-plate-8152485.html
- Ginny. “Difference between silver, sterling silver, silver plated, and vermeil.” 11 July, 2017. https://blog.centimegift.com/difference-between-silver-sterling-silver-and-silver-plated/
4 thoughts on “Sterling Silver Jewelry from Black Owned Brands”
I think silver looks better on me than gold. Love that you feature different merchants to buy fro,
I have a sensitivity to some sterling silver but I’m happy to see so many options. I’m going to start exploring!
Love this selection! With me having a nickel allergy, I can only wear real sterling silver jewelry plus I like to support black owned brands so this is going to come in handy for the future. Thanks!!
This is good sterling silver jewelry ideas. Keep posting.