A rainy season is inevitable in most of the world, and this requires items that keep you warm and dry. In selecting an umbrella, trench coat, rain coat and more, you have options from black owned brands. These include diverse items for men, women, and children. See the following companies and product links for details.
To keep you dry
- Africaboutik offers a selection of “African print” umbrellas that are 35.5 inches.
- African American Expressions offers a selection of umbrellas with cultural and religious themes; they are 38 inches.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of umbrellas with various African prints and cultural themes.
- Betty’s Promo Plus offers a selection of umbrellas with sorority and fraternity logos and names.
- Hairbrella offers a combination set consisting of their classic hair rain hat and “signature dome umbrella.” A gift set (3 rain hats in selected colors and the umbrella) is also available. Finally, a satin lined rain hat for children is offered.
- Island Niche offers compact umbrellas in multiple colors.
- It’s a Black Thang offers a selection of umbrellas that include religious, cultural, sorority and fraternity themes.
- Makeba Designs offers a selection of umbrellas for children and youth that measure 25.6 inches. These include “superhero” and “pink rain” umbrellas.
- Sapellé offers a tribal print compact umbrella in various colors.
- Sibahle Collections offers umbrellas in pink and orange for children.
Outerwear (Trench and some Rain Coats)
- Afrikrea offers a number of trench styles that can be customized to your measurements. These include the trench coat Katiopa, the African men’s Isiagu trench, and the tan trench jacket.
- Andre Emery offers an Armondo peacoat in tan, black, or blue.
- Brooklyn Circus offers a reversible plaid trench.
- Casely-Hayford offers a “technical cotton sports cape.”
- Fly Boys Couture Club offers a diverse selection of trench coats. These include plaid, houndstooth, wool two toned, wool reverse, and color block trenches.
- Off White offers a “blue diagonols” rain coat.
- Pyer Moss offers rain coats in frosted and yellow.
- Romeo Hunte offers a patchwork trench coat, and oversized waterproof ponchos in green and black.
- Studio 189 offers an indigo double breasted trench.
- 89Storiez offers “thief n the night” and “bluejay” trench coats.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of trench coats that include classic double breasted styles of varying lengths (e.g., the Tara, Bogolan, Sabali, and AS styles). Waterproof “purple rain” and “upcycled” rain coats are also available.
- Eclectic Bella Boutique offers a “Georgia light” trench coat.
- Fly Jane offers “Lenora” and “smoother criminal” trench coats.
- Maison de Mode offers Carmen Sandiego, and belted green trench coats.
- Studio 189 offers a navy indigo double breasted Baoule trench.
- Zuvaa offers a Rahyma horse trench coat, that could also be styled as a dress.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find trench coats and rain gear that work for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 per year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- Photo by Favour Omoruyi on Unsplash
- Photo by Malcolm Garret from Pexels
- Photo by nappy from Pexels
- Photo by Cflgroup Media from Pexels