Concealers are used to minimize the appearance of dark circles under the eyes and mask skin blemishes. In choosing a concealer you should consider your skin type. Concealers with a matte or powder finish tend to contain less oil and pair well with oily skin. Creme and stick concealers on the other hand contain more oil and complement normal to dry skin. Furthermore, your concealer should be about one shade lighter than your complexion, and consistent with your undertones. Correctors are used to camouflage more pronounced discolorations and blemishes, and come in colors that balance them out such as variations of orange, lavender, yellow, and green. More information about choosing concealers and correctors is provided in the references.
There are many concealers and correctors offered for the full range of melanin hues from black owned brands; these include paraben free, as well as vegan and cruelty free options. See the following companies and product links below for more details.
- AJ Crimson offers a selection of six shade palettes. That is creme “correct/conceal kits” with a beeswax base; they are also paraben and cruelty free.
- B.A.A.B.S offers a selection of creme concealer trio pots that have a matte finish. A selection of cream colour corrector palettes (with six shades) is also available.
- Beauty Bakerie offers a “cake face concealer” in eight shades with a matte finish; it is vegan and cruelty free.
- Best Face Forward offers a selection of concealer wands in nine shades. A creme de la creme five shade palette is also available.
- BLAC Minerals offers a creme coverstick concealer in four shades. A correct me coverstick in two shades is also available.
- Danessa Myricks offers an all in one foundation and concealer, the “vision creme cover” in twenty six shades. The “vision creme cover perfecting and shaping wand,” is also available in twenty six shades. Both are vegan and cruelty free.
- Eleven08 Cosmetics offers a highly concentrated and pigmented “full cover concealer” in three shades.
- Fashion Fair offers two creme “perfect finish concealer” compacts (I & II) that have a matte finish. Compacts consist of three shades.
- Iman Cosmetics offers a “cover creme” concealer in five shades. A “corrective concealer” clay is available in two shades.
- Jacque Mgido offers a liquid concealer in four shades, that is available in two sizes.
- Joy Lorraine offers a diverse selection of concealers and correctors. These include a six color concealer and corrector palette that is paraben free (and not tested on animals), a selection of paraben free (and non animal tested) single corrector concealers (in three shades), and a selection of liquid concealers (not tested on animals) that come in four shades.
- Laws of Nature offers a foxy finish creme concealer in five shades. A foxy finish corrector is also available. Products are paraben free, non drying, and plant based.
- Plain Jane Beauty offers a selection of six mineral based cruelty free color correctors. A selection of plant based and cruelty free concealers in four shades is also available. Sample sized products are available for both.
- Tajj Cosmetics offers concealers for foot corns, that are available in three shades.
- The Crayon Case offers a selection of highlighter concealers. Thirty options are available.
- Vera Moore offers a selection of creme concealers in four shades. A selection of liquid concealers is available in seven shades.
- Viola Fox offers a selection of liquid concealers in eighteen shades. A selection of five concealer trio packs is also offered. A corrector quad with four colors is available that also serves as a foundation primer.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find concealers and correctors that work for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 per year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- Aina, Jackie. “How to Color Correct – Do’s and Dont’s.” 26 April, 2016.
2. Brown, Nikki. “Back to Basics: Your Most Common Concealer Questions, Answered.” 31 October, 2016. https://www.essence.com/beauty/beauty-products-tools/how-to-use-concealer/#74957
3. Martin, Laura. “How to Use Concealer.” https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Concealer