Updated July 28, 2023
In this post you will find numerous shades of concealers and correctors from black owned brands, representing the full range of melanin hues.
Concealers are used to minimize the appearance of dark circles under the eyes and mask skin blemishes. In choosing a concealer you should consider your skin type. Concealers with a matte or powder finish tend to contain less oil and pair well with oily skin. Creme and stick concealers on the other hand contain more oil and complement normal to dry skin. Furthermore, your concealer should be about one shade lighter than your complexion, and consistent with your undertones. Correctors are used to camouflage more pronounced discolorations and blemishes, and come in colors that balance them out such as variations of orange, lavender, yellow, and green. More information about choosing concealers and correctors is provided in the references. See the following companies and product links below.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Juvia’s Place offers an “I am magic concealer” to provide weightless coverage in multiple shades. I am magic concealers are available at Ulta. (advertisement)
- Laws Of Nature (advertisement) offers a selection of liquid concealers. Products are paraben, vegan, and cruelty free. Use the discount code LESLIE on your first order to save 10% (minimum order $50.00).
- The Lip Bar (advertisement) offers a selection of concealers in many shades that are infused with caffeine to combat puffiness and wake up the eyes. Concealers are sheer to blend in and not cake. Use the code leslie for a 10% discount.
- B.A.A.B.S offers a selection of creme concealer trio pots that have a matte finish. A selection of cream colour corrector palettes (with six shades) is also available.
- Best Face Forward offers a selection of concealer wands in nine shades. A creme de la creme five shade palette is also available.
- BLK/OPL offers a diverse selection of concealers. Concealers are also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Iman Cosmetics offers concealer products on Amazon (advertisement).
- Joy Lorraine offers a diverse selection of concealers and correctors. These include a six color concealer and corrector palette, single corrector concealers, and liquid concealers.
- Plain Jane Beauty offers a selection of six mineral based cruelty free color correctors. A selection of concealers in multiple shades is also available. Sample sized products are available.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find concealers and correctors that work for you!
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- Aina, Jackie. “How to Color Correct – Do’s and Dont’s.” 26 April, 2016.
2. Brown, Nikki. “Back to Basics: Your Most Common Concealer Questions, Answered.” 31 October, 2016. https://www.essence.com/beauty/beauty-products-tools/how-to-use-concealer/#74957
3. Martin, Laura. “How to Use Concealer.” https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Concealer