In this post you will find 100+ shades of concealers and correctors from black owned brands that represent the full range of melanin hues, including paraben free, vegan, and cruelty free options.
Concealers are used to minimize the appearance of dark circles under the eyes and mask skin blemishes. In choosing a concealer you should consider your skin type. Concealers with a matte or powder finish tend to contain less oil and pair well with oily skin. Creme and stick concealers on the other hand contain more oil and complement normal to dry skin. Furthermore, your concealer should be about one shade lighter than your complexion, and consistent with your undertones. Correctors are used to camouflage more pronounced discolorations and blemishes, and come in colors that balance them out such as variations of orange, lavender, yellow, and green. More information about choosing concealers and correctors is provided in the references. See the following companies and product links below.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Juvia’s Place offers an “I am magic concealer” to provide weightless coverage in 24 shades.
- I am magic concealers are available at Ulta. (advertisement)
- Laws Of Nature (advertisement) offers a selection of liquid concealers. Products are paraben, vegan, and cruelty free. Use the discount code LESLIE on your first order to save 10% (minimum order $50.00).
- The Lip Bar (advertisement) offers a selection of concealers in 6 shades that are infused with caffeine to combat puffiness and wake up the eyes. Concealers are sheer to blend in and not cake.
- Beauty Bakerie offers a hydrating “3 in 1 concealer” in eighteen shades. The “3 in 1 concealer” is available at Ulta (advertisement).
- AJ Crimson offers a selection of six shade palettes. That is creme “correct/conceal kits” with a beeswax base; they are also paraben and cruelty free.
- B.A.A.B.S offers a selection of creme concealer trio pots that have a matte finish. A selection of cream colour corrector palettes (with six shades) is also available.
- Best Face Forward offers a selection of concealer wands in nine shades. A creme de la creme five shade palette is also available.
- BLAC Minerals offers a creme coverstick concealer in four shades. Products are paraben and sulfate free.
- BLK/OPL offers a stick concealer in 5 shades, a face and body concealer in 7 shades, and a brightening concealer in 6 shades. Products are also available on Amazon.
- Danessa Myricks offers an all in one foundation and concealer, the “vision creme cover” in twenty six shades. The “vision creme cover perfecting and shaping wand,” is also available in twenty six shades. Both are vegan and cruelty free.
- Glamorous Eye Candy Cosmetics offers a selection of concealer pots in 4 shades. They offer full coverage and a matte finish.
- Eleven08 Cosmetics offers a highly concentrated and pigmented “full cover concealer” in three shades.
- Iman Cosmetics offers oncealer products on Amazon (advertisement).
- Joy Lorraine offers a diverse selection of concealers and correctors. These include a six color concealer and corrector palette that is paraben free (and not tested on animals), a selection of paraben free (and non animal tested) single corrector concealers (in three shades), and a selection of liquid concealers (not tested on animals) that come in four shades.
- Omolewa offers a camouflage cover crème in eleven colors. They are free of parabens and sulfates, as well as vegan friendly.
- Plain Jane Beauty offers a selection of six mineral based cruelty free color correctors. A selection of plant based and cruelty free concealers in four shades is also available. Sample sized products are available for both.
- UOMA offers a stay woke concealer in seventeen shades. It is lightweight with a satin radiance. Concealers are also available at Ulta (advertisement).
- Vera Moore offers a selection of creme concealers in four shades. A selection of liquid concealers is available in seven shades.
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find concealers and correctors that work for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- Aina, Jackie. “How to Color Correct – Do’s and Dont’s.” 26 April, 2016.
2. Brown, Nikki. “Back to Basics: Your Most Common Concealer Questions, Answered.” 31 October, 2016. https://www.essence.com/beauty/beauty-products-tools/how-to-use-concealer/#74957
3. Martin, Laura. “How to Use Concealer.” https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Concealer