Fanny packs (also known as belt, waist, hip, and sling bags) have been trending for awhile. They are worn in several ways, including across the shoulder, cross body, around the waist with the pouch in the back, and in the traditional way with the pouch to the front or side. There are numerous offerings of fanny packs from black owned brands, and in a range of styles and textures. These include genuine or vegan leather, nylon, polyester, iridescent, holographic, denim, fur, and African wax print. Some companies have fanny packs that are unisex in appearance or styled for men, and these are noted by an asterisk (*). See the following companies and product links for more details. Products are organized by price range.
$30.00 and less
- Afrikrea offers a selection of “hip bags” in African wax print.
- All Dem’ Shades offers a selection of polyester neon “melanin poppin” fanny packs in orange, yellow, and pink.
- Africa On My Back offers a selection of fanny packs in African wax prints.
- ArrieP Boutique offers a black fanny pack with fringe.
- Chic and Curvy offers a variety of faux leather fanny packs in several colors and textures that include quilted, lambskin, studded, and “double belted” styles with two pouches.
- Deluxe Designs offers a selection of fanny packs in poplin polyester (canvas like) in several colors and prints.
- DumbSmart * offers a black utility belt bag.
- Izzy & Liv offers holographic styled fanny packs in rose/gold and silver.
- Kloset Envy offers nylon fanny packs in hot pink, yellow, and red.
- So So Chanel offers a side pistol pouch fanny pack with a double pouch design in red or black.
- The African Accent offers a selection of Kente fanny packs.
- Terilli Clothing offers a selection of 3 compartment fanny packs in several colors (i.e., red, black, pink, white, red, and blue).
- The Ebony Collection offers a leopard cross fanny bag with detachable straps.
$31.00 – $60.00
- Afrikrea offers a selection of fanny packs in African wax prints.
- Avid Swim offers canvas belt bags, “Void ID” and “Caicos ID.”
- Black Owned Outerwear * offers fanny packs in several colors; these include purple, navy, royal blue, red, yellow, and black.
- Cierra Lynn Collection offers leather and colorfully hand painted fanny packs with affirming messages, most of which come with detachable pom key chains.
- Her Favorite offers an iridescent fanny pack.
- Hypland * offers two nylon thunderbolt sling bags in black and yellow.
- Kashmir.VIII offers “different,” “you so craaaazy,”and “crushin” sling bags.
- Kloset Envy offers a white holographic fanny pack.
- Lyfestyle * offers a variety of waist bags in chenille patch or nylon, with an embroidered company logo.
- Öfuurë offers a selection of African print fanny packs.
- Sanjules offers a selection of “hip bags” that are denim, or denim mixed with African and other prints.
- So So Chanel offers a double pouch design in coordinating colors with different shapes.
$61.00 – $100.00
- Carrots by Anwar * offers “hip bags” in purple and orange.
- Kebero offers a selection of faux mink fur fanny packs in several colors: red, black, pop culture pink, rust, grey, and more.
- Public School * offers a black padded waist bag made of a nylon/polyester blend.
$101.00 – $200.00
- Brandon Blackwood * offers a tan belt bag made of rabbit fur, with the initials “BB.”
- Galerie.LA offers black pocket (vegan leather/eco-suede) and piñatex (with eco-suede) bum bags.
- Love Cortnie offers a “pom pom” Mongolian fur & leather waist bag (black), and a convertible cross body leather mini bag (with ten color options) that can be worn around the waist.
- Want Les Essentiels * offers a selection of waist packs for women made of natural hemp, organic cotton, nylon, and econyl (nylon recycled from sea waste) in various colors. Waist packs for men in these materials are also offered.
- Zashadu offers black leather belt bags in laser cut and crocodile print.
More than $200.00
- Ashya offers a selection of leather belt bags in various colors.
- Brother Vellies offers a selection of belt bags in various textiles that include crocodile, shearling, iridescent, and clear windowpane.
- Fe Noel offers a lambskin belt pouch in brown.
- Galerie.LA offers cerulean and roseate colored belt bags.
- Queen Adwoa’s Closet offers a leather Balinese money bag in black, with studs and fringe.
- Vavvoune offers several belt bags including a chocolate brown crocodile leather belt bag, and other leather styles in black and sulfur yellow.
- Want Les Essentiels * offers a selection of leather belt bags for women. A selection of leather belt bags for men is also available.
- Zashadu offers leopard print calf hide belt bags in rose pink and teal blue.
In reviewing these bags, I hope you find styles and textures that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 per year.
Feel free to message Shop With Leslie with any questions through our contact form.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
For more information about the fanny pack trend, see the following.
- Fisher, Lauren Alexis. “The list: The fanny pack is back.” 2018, January 9. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/g14781922/cool-designer-fanny-packs/
- Fleming, Kirsten. “Fanny packs are making a comeback.” 2017, March 27. https://nypost.com/2017/03/27/fanny-packs-are-making-a-comeback/