Fanny packs (also known as belt, waist, hip, and sling bags) have been trending for awhile. They are worn in several ways, including across the shoulder, cross body, around the waist with the pouch in the back, and in the traditional way with the pouch to the front or side. Here, numerous offerings of fanny packs from black owned brands, (80+) are presented, and in a range of styles and textures. These include genuine or vegan leather, nylon, polyester, iridescent, holographic, denim, fur, and African wax print. Some companies have fanny packs that are unisex in appearance or styled for men, and these are noted by an asterisk (*). See the following companies and product links for more details. Products are organized by price range.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
Fanny packs/belt bags are organized by price. You can click below to go directly to the options.
$30.00 and less
$31.00 – $60.00
- Aleeya Marie (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of canvas like poly poplin.
- By Brije (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of canvas like poly poplin.
- Chocolate Ancestor (advertisement) offers a selection of polyester fanny packs that are water resistant. Use the discount code leslie at checkout.
- Dorcas Creates (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of canvas like poly poplin.
- Jennifer Nikcole Pope (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of canvas like poly poplin.
- Liz’s Urban Chic Living (advertisement) has fanny packs that include customization (with initials) and black girl magic themed.
- Morgan Harper Nichols (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of a canvas like poly poplin.
- Negash Apparel and Footwear (advertisement) offers all over “signature fanny packs” for men and women.
- The Pairabirds (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of artistic fanny packs made of a canvas like poly poplin.
- Tiare Smith Designs (advertisement) offers a “blue and white splotch flowers” fanny pack made of a canvas like poly poplin.
- Tote & Carry (advertisement) offers a selection of “mini” fanny packs in several colors. Apollo fanny packs are also available.
- Hellwig by Tikia offers a selection of fanny packs with cultural themes such as Pan African, breast cancer, and power to the people.
$61.00 – $100.00
- Bags By Baltimore (advertisement) offers a selection of one of a kid mud cloth and leather fanny packs.
- Kebero offers a selection of faux mink fur fanny packs in several colors: red, black, pop culture pink, rust, grey, and more.
$101.00 – $200.00
- Love Cortnie offers a “pom pom” Mongolian fur & leather waist bag (black), and a convertible cross body leather mini bag (with ten color options) that can be worn around the waist.
More than $200.00
- A Cold Wall (advertisement) offers a selection of belt bags in several colors and textures including leather, polyester, and nylon.
- Off White (advertisement) offers a selection of leather belt bags for women in several colors. Belt bags for men are also available.
In reviewing these bags, I hope you find styles and textures that work for you.
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
For more information about the fanny pack trend, see the following.
- Fisher, Lauren Alexis. “The list: The fanny pack is back.” 2018, January 9. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/g14781922/cool-designer-fanny-packs/
- Fleming, Kirsten. “Fanny packs are making a comeback.” 2017, March 27. https://nypost.com/2017/03/27/fanny-packs-are-making-a-comeback/