Fabulous eyebrows are desired by many, and there are numerous products from black owned brands to make this happen. These include brow pencils, gels/pomades, and powders. See the company and product links below for additional details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- Lizzie’s All Natural (advertisement) offers a brow pow eyebrow and edges growth serum to naturally condition and stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Use OUR links for a 10% discount.
BROW PENCILS are used to draw the shape of brows and imitate the appearance of hairs. LINERS are also included.
- Mented Cosmetics (advertisement) has a high brow pencil in several shades of brown.
- The Lip Bar (advertisement) offers an exact arch micro brow pencil for creating precise, natural hair-like strokes. Several brown shades are available. Use the code leslie for a 10% discount.
- Eleven08 Cosmetics offers an eyebrow pencil with micro precision in two colors (light blonde and deep brunette) with a brow wand (spoolie) on the other end.
- Iman Cosmetics has a “blackest brown” eyebrow pencil.
- Jacque Mgido offers a waterproof eyebrow liner pen in several colors. Products are also offered on Amazon (advertisement).
- Laws Of Nature (advertisement) has a dark brown brown brow pomade that is water resistant to sculpt eyebrows.
- LUV + CO. on Amazon (advertisement) has a brow pomade to shape, fill, and groom eyebrows.
- BAABS Beauty has an extensive selection of water resistant and smudge proof brow gels.
- Jacque Mgido offers an eyebrow pomade in light, medium, and dark brown, and in grey. An eyebrow fixer is also offered to keep brows in place.
- Omolewa offers an invisible and weightless ultimate brow seal.
- Posh 21 offers waterproof brow pomades in 3 colors: medium brown, dark brown, and ebony.
POWDERS help fill in brows to give a thicker yet soft appearance.
- BAABS Beauty offers a a diverse selection of brow powders in several shades of brown.
- Joy Lorraine offers a selection of brush on brow powders in 3 colors: auburn, black brown, and dark brown. Powders are richly pigmented and come with an angled brush.
In reviewing these eye brow products, I hope you find enhancements that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
Finally, because concealers are also used to highlight the brow, check out our post about concealers in the sources below.
- McCarthy, Briana. “Eyebrow etiquette for Black girls.” 24 September, 2013. https://www.essence.com/news/beauty-beat-eyebrow-etiquette-for-the-concealer-trick/
- Shop With Leslie. “Find concealers and correctors for your skin from black owned brands.” 10 March, 2019. https://shopwithleslie.blog/2019/03/10/find-concealers-and-correctors-for-your-skin-from-black-owned-brands/
- WiseGeek. “What are the different types of eyebrow cosmetics?” https://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-eyebrow-cosmetics.htm
5 thoughts on “Eye Brow Enhancement Through Black Owned Makeup Brands”
Great list! You always bring the goods
Soo many great brands, I never touch my eyebrows but if I decide to I know who to check out
I love your content! Thank you for highlighting great black brands!
I like how powder looks, but I’m trying to find a good gel for my brows too. Thanks for the info!
I’m just getting to the point where I think I have perfected my brows! Thank you for these tips!