As you head off to the beach consider supporting some of the 100+ beach accessories linked here from black owned brands. There are many TYPES of accessories to make your beach time both fashionable and comfortable. In this post we review (i) beach/basket bags, (ii) beach towels/blankets, (iii) coverups, (iv) slides, and (v) head wear (sun hats and swim caps). There are many styles and price points from which to choose. See the company and product links below for additional information.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a small commission, should you use these advertisements in making a purchase.
- Aaks offers a “Pana” handwoven bag made of raffia.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of straw and woven bags in various shapes, sizes, and styles.
- Africaboutik offers a selection of straw totes and baskets in various sizes, styles and shapes.
- Afrohemien offers a selection of market and tote basket bags.
- Black Girl Powerhouse offers transparent and waterproof travel/beach bags include one for cell phones.
- Brother Vellies offers a handwoven Jane Burkina basket bag.
- Cee Cee’s Closet offers a selection of straw/basket bags.
- Decortege offers a beach bag with pom pom accessories.
- Kloset Envy offers a selection of beach bags with a plastic inner lining in yellow, pink, and blue.
- Maison De Mode offers raffia beach bags in various colors.
- Oh So Paper offers “beach please” and “pool party” themed totes.
- Reflektion Design offers handwoven elephant grass baskets with handles, colored wine and red.
BEACH TOWELS AND BLANKETS
- Afrikrea offers a selection of beach towels with Ankara and other accents.
- Decortege offers a selection of multi-purpose blankets in African wax print.
- Deluxe Designs offers a selection of beach towels depicting the artist’s work.
- Destination Swimwear offers a selection of beach towels with the company hashtag.
- Large Clothing offers a beach towel with the company logo.
- Muffin Sisters offers a selection of multi-purpose minky blankets in African prints.
- Reign Entertainment offers a selection of artistic and culturally relevant beach towels.
- Royal Jelly Harlem offers oversized beach towels with Ankara accents.
- Soul Shop offers a mandala blanket in two sizes.
- Andrea Iyamah offers cover ups in bold prints.
- Aude Swim offers a black mesh skirt coverup.
- B Fyne offers a selection of maxi length coverups in prints and solids.
- Carlton Jones offers petal cape and Navajo tunic coverups.
- Chic & Curvy offers a selection of pool chic coverups.
- Keva J offers various styes of coverups in prints and solids.
- Kiwi Plum offers a black mesh coverup jacket.
- Lajoiswimwear offers a selection of coverups in black mesh and prints.
- Mint Swim offers a lace coverup in white, and a romper coverup in several colors.
- Öfuurë offers a selection of floor length coverups in African prints.
- Parlez V Crochet offers a handmade crocheted coverup top in several colors.
- Rue 107 offers Fleur De Provence and Safari Disco coverups.
- The Political Hook offers a selection of handmade crocheted coverups in various styles.
- Urban Glitz offers a selection of crocheted and mesh coverups consisting of tops and bottoms.
Before you head off on vacation, check out these.
- Nagast (advertisement) offers slippers (slides) for men and women (Empress) with a logo of the African continent.
- Negash Apparel and Footwear (advertisement) offers all over signature slides for men and women, and pink hieroglyphic slides for woman.
- Abdju Wear offers African flip flops in red, black, and green, with a gold tone outline of the African continent.
- Chris Chanel offers a selection of slides in various colors and styles.
- Hellwig by Tikia offers a selection of flip flops in various colors and themes.
- Hesey Designs offers a selection of slides with African prints and other patterns.
- L.A. Savage offers white slides with the company logo.
- Lyfestyle Clothing offers a selection of slides for men in various colors and with decorative motifs.
- Milano Rouge offers black Simba slides with the company logo.
- Nallem Clothing offers a selection of slides and flip flops for men and women.
- Sole Rebels offers a selection of slides and flip flops for men and women in many colors and styles.
- Afrikrea offers an assortment of wide brim and sun hats in African prints.
- Curvy & Chic offers a wide brim sun hat in turquoise.
- Decortege offers a selection of wide brim reversible hats in Ankara prints.
- Glam Her Boutique offers Renee and Serene sun hats. They come with tassel and embroidery detailing, and in two colors.
- Harlem’s Heaven Hats offers a selection of cotton floppy hats in three colors.
- Layd offers a selection of handmade straw hats lined with 100% silk.
- Sapellé offers a handmade raffia crocheted sun hat.
- Tru Face By Grace offers a selection of handmade and raffia Meena summer hats in various colors.
- Unlimited Masterpieces offers a summer breeze floppy hat in pink and black.
- JoRae offers a selection of swimming caps for afro-textured hair and styles for children, youth, and adults.
- Nemes offers a waterproof head scarf that can be used for swimming.
- Swimma offers a selection of swim caps designed for afro-textured hair and styles. Caps for children, youth, and adults are available.
- Swimmie Caps offers culturally relevant icons on their swim caps for boys and girls. Included are caps for afro-textured hair styles.
Find great coolers HERE!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr