The first day of summer is around the corner, the season many intend to enjoy days at the beach. As you prepare, know there are many beach accessories from black owned brands to make this time both fashionable and comfortable. In this post we review (i) beach/basket bags, (ii) beach towels/blankets, (iii) coverups, (iv) slides, and (v) head wear (sun hats and swim caps). There are many styles and price points from which to choose. See the company and product links below for additional information.
BASKET/BEACH BAGS Arnel Hasanovic
- Aaks offers a “Pana” handwoven bag made of raffia.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of straw and woven bags in various shapes, sizes, and styles.
- Africaboutik offers a selection of straw totes and baskets in various sizes, styles and shapes.
- Afrohemien offers a selection of market and tote basket bags.
- Andrea Iyamah offers a selection of basket bags in several colors and sizes.
- Brother Vellies offers a handwoven Jane Burkina basket bag.
- Decortege offers a beach bag with pom pom accessories.
- Galerie.LA offers a handwoven “Elena” basket bag made of raffia.
- Mandinka Style offers a selection of basket bags, including a “beach bum basket” bag.”
- Maison De Mode offers handmade straw bags. These include the “la playa,” “net bucket,” and “natural zigzag” bags.
- Reflektion Design offers handwoven elephant grass baskets with handles, colored wine and red.
BEACH TOWELS AND BLANKETSScott Young
- Afrikrea offers a selection of beach towels with Ankara and other accents.
- Bantu offers a beach towel in black and white, and multicolored.
- Decortege offers a selection of multi-purpose blankets in African wax print.
- Deluxe Designs offers a selection of beach towels depicting the artist’s work.
- Destination Swimwear offers a selection of beach towels with the company hashtag.
- Large Clothing offers a beach towel with the company logo.
- Muffin Sisters offers a selection of multi-purpose minky blankets in African prints.
- Reign Entertainment offers a selection of artistic and culturally relevant beach towels.
- Royal Jelly Harlem offers oversized beach towels with Ankara accents.
- Aude Swim offers a black mesh skirt coverup.
- B Fyne offers a selection of maxi length coverups in prints and solids.
- Carlton Jones offers petal cape and Navajo tunic coverups.
- Chic & Curvy offers a selection of pool chic coverups.
- Gyv Me Body offers a selection of cover me sexy wear.
- Keva J offers various styes of coverups in prints and solids.
- Kiwi Plum offers a black mesh coverup jacket.
- Lajoiswimwear offers a selection of coverups in black mesh and prints.
- Mint Swim offers a lace coverup in white.
- Öfuurë offers a selection of floor length coverups in African prints.
- Parlez V Crochet offers a handmade crocheted coverup top in several colors.
- Rue 107 offers Fleur De Provence and Safari Disco coverups.
- The Political Hook offers a selection of handmade crocheted coverups in various styles.
- Yanvalou offers a kimono style coverup in Zephirin print.
- Abdju Wear offers African flops in red, black, and green, with a gold tone outline of the African continent.
- Black Owned Outerwear offers flip flop slides with the words “black” and “owned.”
- Chris Chanel offers a selection of flip flops accented with flowers in several colors.
- Dao London offers Kente sliders in black and white.
- Fly Jane offers a lala matte chained slide in black. Pewter stargazer slides are also available.
- Hesey Designs offers a selection of slides with African prints and other patterns.
- Last Year Being Broke(n) offers verse one slides with interchangeable straps and a waterproof footbed.
- Lyfestyle Clothing offers a selection of slides for men in various colors and with decorative motifs.
- Milano Rouge offers black Simba slides with the company logo.
- Sole Of Brasil offers beach slides made of 100% recycled PVC in black and floral.
- Vero Mastodon offers a unisex slide sandal in various colors.
HEAD WEAR Stephen Hocking
- Afrikrea offers an assortment of wide brim and sun hats in African prints.
- Curvy & Chic offers wide brim sun hats in fuchsia and turquoise.
- Decortege offers a selection of wide brim reversible hats in Ankara prints.
- Endless Fashions offers floppy sun hats in three colors.
- Glam Her Boutique offers Renee and Serene sun hats. They come with tassel and embroidery detailing, and in two colors.
- Harlem’s Heaven Hats offers a selection of cotton floppy hats in three colors.
- Layd offers a selection of handmade straw hats lined with 100% silk.
- Sapellé offers a handmade raffia crocheted sun hat.
- Unlimited Masterpieces offers a summer breeze floppy hat in pink and black.
- Swimma offers a selection of swim caps designed for afro-textured hair and styles.
- Swimmie Caps offers culturally relevant icons on their swim caps for boys and girls.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $1.95 per year.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr