As you head off to the beach consider supporting some of the 100+ beach accessories linked here from black owned brands. There are many TYPES of accessories to make your beach time both fashionable and comfortable. In this post we review (i) beach/basket bags, (ii) beach towels/blankets, (iii) coverups, (iv) slides, and (v) head wear (sun hats and swim caps). There are many styles and price points from which to choose. See the company and product links below for additional information.
- Aaks offers a “Pana” handwoven bag made of raffia.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of straw and woven bags in various shapes, sizes, and styles.
- Africaboutik offers a selection of straw totes and baskets in various sizes, styles and shapes.
- Afrohemien offers a selection of market and tote basket bags.
- Andrea Iyamah offers a selection of basket bags in several colors and sizes.
- Brother Vellies offers a handwoven Jane Burkina basket bag.
- Cee Cee’s Closet offers a selection of straw/basket bags.
- Decortege offers a beach bag with pom pom accessories.
- Galerie.LA offers a handwoven “Elena” basket bag made of raffia. A Leticia bag made of bamboo is also available.
- Kloset Envy offers a selection of beach bags with a plastic inner lining in yellow, pink, and blue.
- Mandinka Style offers a selection of basket bags, including a “beach bum basket” bag.”
- Maison De Mode offers handmade straw bags. These include the “la playa,” “net bucket,” and “natural zigzag” bags.
- Oh So Paper offers “beach please” and “pool party” themed totes.
- Reflektion Design offers handwoven elephant grass baskets with handles, colored wine and red.
BEACH TOWELS AND BLANKETS
- Sofy Decor offers a selection of towels that are artistic and culturally themed ⇔.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of beach towels with Ankara and other accents.
- Bantu offers a beach towel in black and white, and multicolored.
- Decortege offers a selection of multi-purpose blankets in African wax print.
- Deluxe Designs offers a selection of beach towels depicting the artist’s work.
- Destination Swimwear offers a selection of beach towels with the company hashtag.
- Large Clothing offers a beach towel with the company logo.
- Muffin Sisters offers a selection of multi-purpose minky blankets in African prints.
- Reign Entertainment offers a selection of artistic and culturally relevant beach towels.
- Royal Jelly Harlem offers oversized beach towels with Ankara accents.
- Aude Swim offers a black mesh skirt coverup.
- B Fyne offers a selection of maxi length coverups in prints and solids.
- Carlton Jones offers petal cape and Navajo tunic coverups.
- Chic & Curvy offers a selection of pool chic coverups.
- Gyv Me Body offers a selection of cover me sexy wear.
- Keva J offers various styes of coverups in prints and solids.
- Kiwi Plum offers a black mesh coverup jacket.
- Lajoiswimwear offers a selection of coverups in black mesh and prints.
- Mint Swim offers a lace coverup in white, and a romper coverup in several colors.
- Öfuurë offers a selection of floor length coverups in African prints.
- Parlez V Crochet offers a handmade crocheted coverup top in several colors.
- Rue 107 offers Fleur De Provence and Safari Disco coverups.
- The Political Hook offers a selection of handmade crocheted coverups in various styles.
- Urban Glitz offers a selection of crocheted and mesh coverups consisting of tops and bottoms.
- Yanvalou offers a kimono style coverup in Zephirin print.
- Abdju Wear offers African flops in red, black, and green, with a gold tone outline of the African continent.
- Black Owned Outerwear offers flip flop slides with the words “black” and “owned.”
- Chris Chanel offers a selection of slides in various colors and styles.
- Dao London offers Kente sliders in black and white.
- Fly Jane offers a lala matte chained slide in black. Pewter stargazer slides are also available.
- Hellwig by Tikia offers a selection of flip flops in various colors and themes.
- Hesey Designs offers a selection of slides with African prints and other patterns.
- Highly Recommended offers tropical sliders.
- L.A. Savage offers white slides with the company logo.
- Last Year Being Broke(n) offers verse one slides with interchangeable straps and a waterproof footbed.
- Lyfestyle Clothing offers a selection of slides for men in various colors and with decorative motifs.
- Milano Rouge offers black Simba slides with the company logo.
- Nallem Clothing offers a selection of slides and flip flops for men and women.
- Sole Of Brasil offers beach slides made of 100% recycled PVC in black and floral.
- Sole Rebels offers a selection of slides and flip flops for men and women in many colors and styles.
- Sorella offers croc print slides in neon orange.
- Vero Mastodon offers a unisex slide sandal in various colors.
- Afrikrea offers an assortment of wide brim and sun hats in African prints.
- Curvy & Chic offers wide brim sun hats in fuchsia and turquoise.
- Decortege offers a selection of wide brim reversible hats in Ankara prints.
- Endless Fashions offers floppy sun hats in three colors.
- Glam Her Boutique offers Renee and Serene sun hats. They come with tassel and embroidery detailing, and in two colors.
- Harlem’s Heaven Hats offers a selection of cotton floppy hats in three colors.
- Layd offers a selection of handmade straw hats lined with 100% silk.
- Sapellé offers a handmade raffia crocheted sun hat.
- Tru Face By Grace offers a selection of handmade and raffia Meena summer hats in various colors.
- Unlimited Masterpieces offers a summer breeze floppy hat in pink and black.
- Swimma offers a selection of swim caps designed for afro-textured hair and styles.
- Swimmie Caps offers culturally relevant icons on their swim caps for boys and girls.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like and Share our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr