There are many (40+) deodorant options linked in this post from black owned brands. They are made with healthful and natural ingredients. These include arrow root, burdock root, baking soda, coconut oil, magnesium oil, charcoal, aloe vera, Shea butter, beeswax, and essential oils. Some of these deodorants are specifically designated for men.
There have been concerns about the chemicals in deodorants and antiperspirants for over a decade. Though alerts about the use of aluminum complexes (e.g., aluminum chlorohydrate and aluminum-zirconium), and the relationships to cancer and dementia have not panned out amid weak scientific evidence, the Federal Drug Administration has banned triclosan for use in anti-bacterial soaps. Though triclosan may still be used in deodorants/antiperspirants. Other concerns include the ill effects of parabens and phthalates in deodorants and antiperspirants, on health and the environment. See the following company and product links below.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For these advertisements, at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the links in making a purchase.
- 4 Bella Naturale (advertisement) offers 2 deodorants that are free of aluminum and paraben, and made with probiotics that help to fight odor causing bacteria.
- Alaffia also offers deodorants on Amazon (advertisement).
- Debonair Beard Co. (advertisement) offers a natural organic deodorant in 11 scents and unscented. Use the code DBC10 for a 10% discount.
- Garner’s Garden (advertisement) offers a large selection of magnesium, charcoal, and natural deodorants.
- Lizzie’s All Natural (advertisement) offers a baking soda free natural deodorant in 2 scents that is also free of paraben and aluminum. Use the code LESLIE to receive a 5% discount.
- Harper’s Naturals (advertisement) offers a natural deodorant that is free of aluminum and made with coconut oil, arrowroot powder, among other healthful ingredients. It is available in several scents, as well as unscented.
- Smell Good Spa (advertisement) offers a variety of deodorants that include an essentials deodorant stick, a deodorant powder, and a King deodorant for men. Sample sizes are available.
- BLK + GRN (advertisement) offers a wide selection of products from black owned brands. USE the discount code shopwithleslie to receive your benefits when shopping for aluminum free deodorants.
- Best Made Organic offers a fresh smell deodorant stick made with sea moss, lavender oil, and coconut oil among others.
- Body and Soul Naturally offers a selection of natural deodorants for men and women including an armpit detox paste.
- Cream & Coco offers a selection of 6 deodorant milk mists made with a variety of natural ingredients.
- Freedom Paper Company offers an all natural, baking soda free shield deodorant, and a charcoal activated extra strength protect deodorant.
- Granny’s Natural Products offers a natural deodorant with activated charcoal that is available scented and unscented.
- Lather & More offers a selection of 7 natural deodorants, including two designated for men, made with coconut oil, Shea butter, and more.
- Luxurious Lathers offers vegetable deodorants in lavender and unscented that are made with coconut oil, Shea butter, and more.
- Naked Bar Soap Co. offers different types of deodorants, including an armpit detox, pit cream options, and twist up selections.
- Oshun Organics offern an aloderent deodorant, scented and unscented made with aloe vera juice and more.
- Oyin Handmade offers a funk butter scented and unscented made with baking soda, Shea butter, and more.
- Oyin Handmade on Amazon (advertisement).
- Pardo Naturals offers a coco shea deodorant, made with coconut oil, Shea butter, and more. A magnesium oil deodorant is also available.
- Play Pits offers a selection of natural deodorants for children, men, and women. Plat Pits is also on Amazon.
- Soleil Essentials offers a lavender + sandalwood natural deodorant made with activated charcoal, lavender and sandalwood essential oils.
- The Shea Shack offers a “straight out of the earth” bentonite clay deodorant made with bentonite clay, Shea butter, and more. It comes in vegan and regular.
- Zandra Beauty offers a selection of probiotic deodorants in several scents made with arrowroot powder, beeswax, and more.
In reviewing these companies and products I hope you find natural and healthful deodorants that work for you!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like, Share, and Bookmark our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- Environmental Work Group. “Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.” https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
- Heid, Markham. “Why your deodorant might be making you tired, flabby, and impotent.” 9 February, 2018. https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19547802/deodorant-health-risks-fragrance-chemicals-phthalates-styrene-0/
- Heid, Markham. “5 things wrong with your deodorant.” 5 July, 2016. https://time.com/4394051/deodorant-antiperspirant-toxic/
- Kodjak, Allison. “FDA bans triclosan and 19 chemicals used in antibacterial soaps.” 2 September, 2016. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/09/02/492394717/fda-bans-19-chemicals-used-in-antibacterial-soaps
- Severino, Camille. “11 natural deodorant benefits: smell fresh with no risks.” https://bettermindbodysoul.com/natural-deodorant-benefits/
- Stoiber, Tasha. “What are parabens, and why don’t they belong in cosmetics?” 9 April, 2019. https://www.ewg.org/californiacosmetics/parabens
- Wikipedia. “Deodorant.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deodorant