When traveling, one spends a lot of time sitting and sleeping, whether on a plane or in a car. A travel (neck) pillow can make you more comfortable during your journey. Wearing these U shaped pillows with the opening in front though may not be optimal. Instead, changing it to accommodate your sleeping position, using it while reclining, and when sitting towards the center of a plane may be more beneficial. You can find more information about maximizing your comfort in the references. Fortunately there are options and styles from black owned brands. These include pillows filled with micro-beads, memory foam, cotton/fiber, as well as inflatable pillows. See the company and product information below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use these advertisements in making a purchase.
- Lakay Designs (advertisement) offers a selection of African print neck pillows filled with polyester fibers. Covers are removable for washing.
- Bespoke Binney offers a selection of African print travel pillows filled with high grade microfiber.
- Betty’s Promo Plus offers a selection of black Greek and Freemason neck pillows filled with micro-beads.
- Headdress by Sherri offers a selection of neck pillows in several patterns that are filled with premium fibers.
- Reflektion Design offers a selection of African print neck pillowswith memory foam inserts. Covers are removable for washing.
- Shades of Color offers a selection of culturally thematic and inflatable neck pillows that come with a matching case.
When traveling, consider using our affiliate links when renting a car. Click below for details.
In reviewing these neck (travel) pillows, I hope you find one that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year.
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like, Share, and Bookmark our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- McGuire, Caroline. “U-TURN If your travel pillow is uncomfortable you’ve probably been using it wrong – it should be worn UPSIDE DOWN.” 19 August, 2019. https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/4620961/travel-pillow-right-way-use-plane/
- “What to look for before buying a travel pillow.” 14 September, 2018. https://www.ecosa.com.au/blog/post/what-to-look-for-before-buying-a-travel-pillow.html
- “How to use a travel pillow.” 6 October, 2019. https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Travel-Pillow