When traveling, one spends a lot of time sitting and sleeping, whether on a plane or in a car. A travel (neck) pillow can make you more comfortable during your journey. Wearing these U shaped pillows with the opening in front though may not be optimal. Instead, changing it to accommodate your sleeping position, using it while reclining, and when sitting towards the center of a plane may be more beneficial. You can find more information about maximizing your comfort in the references. Fortunately there are options and styles from black owned brands. These include pillows filled with micro-beads, memory foam, cotton/fiber, as well as inflatable pillows. See the company and product information below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use these advertisements in making a purchase.
- Kee Nicole Planner (advertisement) offers a selection of culturally themed memory foam travel neck pillows, some of which can be customized.
- Zazzy Kreations (advertisement) offers a selection of culturally themed memory foam travel neck pillows with a removable zippered pillowcase.
- Betty’s Promo Plus offers a selection of black Greek and Freemason neck pillows filled with micro-beads.
- Shades of Color offers a selection of culturally thematic and inflatable neck pillows that come with a matching case.
When traveling, consider using our affiliate links when renting a car. Click below for details.
In reviewing these neck (travel) pillows, I hope you find one that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- McGuire, Caroline. “U-TURN If your travel pillow is uncomfortable you’ve probably been using it wrong – it should be worn UPSIDE DOWN.” 19 August, 2019. https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/4620961/travel-pillow-right-way-use-plane/
- “What to look for before buying a travel pillow.” 14 September, 2018. https://www.ecosa.com.au/blog/post/what-to-look-for-before-buying-a-travel-pillow.html
- “How to use a travel pillow.” 6 October, 2019. https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Travel-Pillow