You may have noticed that peasant styled tops are trending. What does this reflect? Flowing and loose fitting tunics and smock silhouettes, and in particular sleeves that tend to be puffy and loose. These include the traditional puffy at the shoulders with elastic at the wrists silhouette, as well as ragland, bell, Juliet, and tiered sleeves. Peasant fashion also includes crop and off the shoulder styles, embroidery and lace, and tops accentuating the waist. You can check out my Pinterest board for various examples. Fortunately, there are several options from black owned brands! See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Poetic Justice (advertisement) offers long sleeved leopard print crop tops in regular and plus sizes, in addition to v-neck chiffon tops that gather at the waist (currently on sale).
Plenty by Tracy Reese on Amazon offers several peasant styled tops. Click the images below.
Wandizi (advertisement) offers a selection of custom made Ankara clothing. Peasant styled offerings include the following:
- An off the shoulder brown top with Ankara accents and tiered sleeves;
- An Ankara print crop top with flared sleeves;
- A chiffon Ankara multi-patterned top in purple/turquoise; and
- A colorful off the shoulder top with piped layered sleeves.
Chic & Curvy offers several ruched crop tops with peasant sleeves.
Self Love & 11 Secrets of Femininity by Abiola Abrams (advertisement)
In reviewing these companies and products, I hope you find peasant styled tops that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
For more information about peasant styled tops, see the following sources.
- FashionGum. “How to wear peasant tops in summer.” http://fashiongum.com/womens-fashion/how-to-wear-peasant-tops-in-summer/
- Fashion Sizzle. “Different types of sleeves.” https://fashionsizzle.com/2012/05/24/different-types-of-sleeves/embed/#