Hand hygiene is important in keeping viruses, germs, and infections at bay. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) one should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds. Keeping the hands well moisturized is also necessary. Washing one’s hands frequently can lead to cracked skin which can also increase your risk of contracting a disease. In keeping hands moisturized, it is important to use products that are designated for the hands.
In this post we review moisturizers for the hands from black owned brands. We also include Shea butter oil as this has even greater moisturizing properties than Shea butter. There are MANY options from black owned brands. These include products specifically designated for the hands, or products designated for BOTH the hands and body. See the company and product links below for details.
The following is a Sponsor of Shop With Leslie, and we appreciate their support! We encourage you to explore their company and products.
|Garner's Garden||Garner's Garden offers an organic hand creme in 4 scents: lavender, citrus, ginger clove, and palmarosa. It comes in a 1 ounce bottle making it great for travel. Ingredients include Shea butter among other moisturizing agents. A natural hand sanitizer is also available. It will kill 80% of germs that reside on the skin.|
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisement in making a purchase.
No matter which hand moisturizer(s) you choose, you can increase moisture retention by putting on certain gloves after moisturizing; and wearing these while you sleep.
Anita Grant (advertisement) offers Shea butter oil in two sizes. See the products below for details.
- BLK + GRN (advertisement) offers a hand cream that is sustainably sourced and rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins.
- Smell Good Spa (advertisement) offers several hand care products that include hand lotion and hand sanitizer.
- Urban Hydration (advertisement) offers a selection of hand creams in several scents. These include vanilla, rosehip, and lemon. Products are also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Bolden offers a sweet vanilla Shea butter oil.
- Bel Nouvō offers a cocoa butter hand & body lotion made with organic cocoa butter.
- Bree & Milly offers a "keep them clean" hand sanitizer made with 90% isopropyl alcohol.
- Kreyòl Essence offers a selection of hand & body cremes.
- Lizzie's All Natural offers a hand eczema bundle that includes a butter and hand sanitizer. A hand sanitizer that is sold separately is also available.
- Nandi's Naturals offers a hand & body lotion in various scents.
- Nyah offers a selection of hand & body lotions in various scents.
- Oshun Organics offers an aromatherapy hand lotion with squalane and vitamin E oils.
- Pardo Naturals offers an oatmeal hand & body lotion made with babassu oil and aloe butter.
- Soap Daddy offers a hand sanitizer that is available in two sizes: quart and gallon.
- Zandra offers a hand & body lotion made with Shea butter, and jojoba oil.
In reviewing these hand care products, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don't have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- Centeno, Antonio. "What's the difference between hand, face, & body lotion? Is it safe to use creams & moisturizers interchangeably?" https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/hand-body-lotions/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "When and how to wash your hands." https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Gajanan, Mahita. "How to take care of your hands when you're washing them so much to prevent coronavirus." 11 March, 2020. https://time.com/5800275/covid-19-wash-hands-dry-skin-tips/
- Griffin, Monigho. "Shea oil v Shea butter." 11 December, 2018. https://sheaoil.co.uk/blogs/news/shea-oil-v-shea-butter