Practicing yoga has many benefits. These include but are not limited to stress relief, increased flexibility, improved mental and physical health. In this post we review several categories of products from black owned brands. These include online classes, yoga pants and mats among other accessories and tools from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisement in making a purchase.
The table below represent a SPONSOR of Shop With Leslie and we appreciate their support! You are encouraged to click their company links and explore!
|Stephanie Hill Ross||Stephanie Hill Ross offers a selection of artistic yoga mats made from high-quality, eco-friendly materials with generous cushioning and an excellent grip. They are 72" x 24" and 1/4 of an inch thick. Yoga mats also come with a drawstring mesh carry bag. Options include the colorsmash (pictured) and the brun-0h brella. |
There are many opportunities to learn and practice yoga virtually.
- Black Mat Yoga offers a variety of online classes several days a week.
- Afro Flow Yoga offers a weekly virtual class.
- Che Yoga offers a package of online lessons.
- Yoga Green Book provides several resources for virtual yoga. These include:
Yoga pants are noted for having thick waistbands, being looser fitting, sufficiently flexible for ease of posing, and thicker than traditional leggings. The standard yoga mat is 1/8 of an inch thick and made of materials that stick to the ground and maintain stability as you carry out various poses.
- Confidence Apparel offers a selection of yoga wear that includes pants, tees, racer back tanks, and sets including a top & pants, and a mat & tote.
- Decortege offers a selection of dashiki wax print yoga mats with optional straps.
- Hellwig By Tikia offers a selection of yoga wear that includes capri and long pants as well as shorts.
- Soul Shop offer a variety of tools for yoga. These include several yoga mats (e.g., slip resistant and rubber), yoga bags, and resistance bands.
Enjoy a good book on Audible (advertisement)
- The Cosmic Yoga offers a selection of yoga mats and props with mats, yoga blocks, and more.
- The Trini Gee offers yoga poses themed products that include duffel bags, water bottles and travel mugs, totes, racer back tanks, tee- and sweat-shirts.
- Toned By BaggedEM offers a selection of culturally themed yoga mats.
In reviewing these yoga products I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- Boldt, Andrea. “Yoga mat versus yoga towel.” 15 November, 2018. https://www.livestrong.com/article/464567-yoga-mat-vs-yoga-towel/
- Link, Rachael. MS. RD. “13 benefits of yoga that are supported by science.” 30 August, 2017. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-benefits-of-yoga
- Yoga Own. “Difference between yoga pants and leggings.” 2 July, 2019. https://yogaown.com/difference-between-yoga-pants-and-leggings/