In order to help curb the spread of the coronavirus, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is recommending that people wear cloth face coverings in places where social distancing is challenging (e.g., grocery stores). The CDC provides a video from the Surgeon General on how to make non medical grade face coverings from household items.
Face masks should also be worn correctly. They should cover the nose to chin areas for instance, and be removed from back to front. There are a variety of face masks from black owned brands. These include masks with Ankara and other vivid prints, washable masks, cotton and polyester masks, and masks for children. See the company and products links below for more information.
The following are Sponsors of Shop With Leslie and we appreciate their support! You are encouraged to click their product links and explore.
|YBE||YBE offers face masks in many prints that are sold individually and in packs of four. Masks are available for adults and youth.|
|Art De La Tuile||Art De La Tuile offers a selection of polyester face masks in a variety of prints that also include a pocket for a filter. Masks can be ordered with 5, 10, or 15 filters. |
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Black Art Matters Shop (advertisement) offers a selection of polyester and double layered face masks with cultural themes.
- DAMC Designs (advertisement) offers a selection of neck/face coverings made of a 95% polyester stretch fabric.
- Effie’s Paper (advertisement) offers a selection of feminine face masks made of 100% polyester with a pocket for a filter. Masks come in sizes small, medium, and large.
- It’s A Black Thang (advertisement) offers a selection of thematic face masks that include sports, African symbols and prints, fraternities and sororities.
- Morgan Harper Nichols (advertisement) offers a selection of pleated, dual layered poly fabric face masks with a pocket for a filter.
- Nagast (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of face masks in a polyester blend that come with a filter and pocket. They are available for adults and youth.
- Proper Gnar (advertisement) offers a “stay away” seven layer face mask with a removable carbon filter. It is available in adult size and size small/medium. Get 10% off with the code shopwithleslie.
- The Pairabirds (advertisement) offers a selection of pleated, dual layered poly fabric face masks with a pocket for a filter.
- Tiare Smith Designs (advertisement) offers a selection of pleated, dual layered poly fabric face masks with a pocket for a filter.
- Vashti Harrison (advertisement) offers a selection of pleated, dual layered poly fabric face masks with a pocket for a filter.
- XOJailynn (advertisement) offers a selection of pleated, dual layered poly fabric face masks with a filter for a pocket.
- Afrikrea offers a selection of face masks in various styles and prints, including packages of disposable masks.
- Best Face Forward offers a selection of cotton blend face masks that are doubled layered with a filter pocket.
- Billie Hilliard offers a selection of reversible and custom face masks for men, women, and children.
- Bowties By Brunson offers a selection of fashion and themed face masks.
- By Keeks With Love offers a selection of customizable face masks in Ankara fabrics that have 3 layers.
- CAAB Customs offers cotton protective face masks for which you can choose a slogan across the front.
- Captivating Creations offers a selection of 100% cotton face masks with polyester felt interfacing in several prints.
- Jah Zara Fashion House offers face masks in small (children), medium and large with a removable filter.
- Kai Dilly offers a selection of 100% cotton face masks in Ankara prints for adult and children that include a pocket for a filter.
- Mawusi Clothing offers a selection of African print pocket filter face masks for adults and children, sold in sets of three.
- Meme Bête offers a selection of 100% cotton face masks with a filter for adults and children. A matching head wrap/ face mask set is also available.
- Natural & Fit Designs offers a selection of black and white face masks with culturally themed slogans.
- Naturalsis72 offers a selection of cotton double lined face masks for children and adults in several prints.
- Natural Hair Shop offers a selection of 100% cotton face masks in various prints for adults and children.
- Reflektion Design offers double layered face masks for adults and children in Ankara fabric that is 100% cotton.
- Stähca Huis offers a selection of face masks made from upcycled cotton for both adults and children.
- Vintage Jewelry offers a selection of cotton face masks in a variety of prints for adults and children.
- Virtuous Creations offers a selection of double layered 100% cotton face masks with a slot for a filter.
In reviewing these face masks I hope you find one that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- Centers for Disease Control. “Recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings, especially in areas off significant community based transmission.” 3 April 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
- Gulino, Elizabeth. “How to properly wear a face covering according to a doctor.” 3 April, 2020. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/properly-wear-face-mask-according-210728914.html
- Wamsley, Laurel & Aubrey, Allison. “Corona virus FAQs: Is a homemade mask effective? And what’s the best way to wear one?” 3 April, 2020. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/04/03/826996154/coronavirus-faqs-is-a-homemade-mask-effective-and-whats-the-best-way-to-wear-one?utm_source=pocket-newtab