Rejuvenate means to renew, refresh, and make younger or more lively. Body scrubs remove dead skin cells and give it a glow, smooth rough surfaces, increase circulation and moisture absorption. Body scrubs should be a part of your self care regiment as they also help you feel more relaxed and confident. Exfoliants are generally made with either a salt or sugar base. In choosing, consider the following. Salt particles are larger and sharper, and well suited for patches of rougher skin and calluses. Salt is also rich in minerals and draws out toxins. Sugar particles are smaller and less sharp and suited for more sensitive skin. Sugar is also rich in gycolic acid which brightens the skin.
There are numerous body scrubs from black owned brands mixed with essential oils, Shea butters, and more great ingredients. Many companies have moisturizers to complement their exfoliants. See the companies and product links below for details. Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- G.L.A.M. (advertisement) offers body scrubs made with coffee and moisturizing ingredients such as jojoba oil and Vitamin E.
- Smell Good Spa (advertisement) offers an almond whip body sugar scrub in many fragrances. Use the code leslie in the Shopping Cart for a 15% discount.
- Urban Hydration also offers sugar and salt scrubs on Amazon.
- Body Butter Lady offers sugar scrubs in several scents and sizes.
- Bree & Milly offer both a salt and sugar scrub.
- By Justine offers a selection of body scrubs that include sugar and salt in several scents.
- Earth Born Beauty offers a selection of sugar scrubs in several aromas.
- Fabyoulife offers a collection of exfoliants, that include 1 coffee and several sugar scrubs.
- Herb’N Eden offers a selection of sugar scrubs in various scents and two sizes.
- Luxurious Lathers offers a selection of body scrubs (salt and sugar) in several scents and sizes. Free shipping is available for purchases over $75.00.
- Meticulous offers a selection of body scrubs (salt, sugar, and charcoal).
- Natural Passion offers sugar scrubs in various scents.
- Shea Butter Like Whoa offers a selection of Himalayan salt scrubs in several scents.
- Shea Shea Bakery offers a selection of scented sugar scrubs in two sizes.
- Tribewalks offers a selection of body scrubs (sugar, salt, and coffee).
- Yadain Cultural Solutions offers a selection of sugar scrubs in various scents. Free shipping is available with orders of $40.00.
- Zandra Beauty offers a selection of scented sugar scrubs.
In reviewing these body scrubs, I hope you find self care products and Mother’s Day gifts that work for you.
Happy Shopping! Happy Mother’s Day!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has an ETSY Store with merchandise celebrating culture. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog. A selection is provided below. FREE shipping.
- By Justine. “Salty or sweet? Explore the benefits of using salt and sugar scrubs.” 7 May, 2019. https://www.by-justine.com/blog/sugar-or-salt-scrub
- Proffer, Patrick, MD. “5 Benefits of a body scrub.” 7 September, 2017. https://www.drproffer.com/blog/5-benefits-of-a-body-scrub
- Urban Hydration. “Salt vs sugar: Top tips for choosing the perfect scrub part 2.” 22 FEbruary, 2017. https://www.urbanhydration.com/blogs/news/salt-vs-sugar-tips-for-choosing-the-perfect-scrub-part-2?rfsn=3028474.a6a777