Rejuvenate means to renew, refresh, make younger or more lively. As more people are staying close to home these days, rejuvenation gifts would be great for self care and Mother’s Day. There are many options from black owned brands that can be purchased online. These include lounge wear (house clothes and slippers), sleep masks, and body scrubs. See the companies and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Moms love to lounge in style and comfort. Below you will find kimono style robes, satin robes, silk pajama sets, fur slippers, and the popular and trending babouche slippers, among other items.
- Nagast (advertisement) offers Empress slippers with faux fur and an African continent emblem.
- Afrikrea offers a large selection of house clothing that includes
- Two piece silk pajama sets,
- African print robes with matching slippers,
- Pajamas with matching/coordinating sleep masks,
- Satin robes, and
- Lounge pajama pants and shorts.
- Africaboutik offers a selection of babouche slippers in vibrant colors.
- Brandon Blackwood offers a pair of mink slippers with a rubber sole.
- Captivating Creations offers a selection of weighted eye pillows for stress relief and relaxation.
- Enubee offers a selection of fox fur slippers in several colors. Free shipping is available for orders over $60.00.
- Izzy & Liv offers a satin robe in four colors, and a “black girl magic” sleep shirt in two colors. A scented sleep mask is also available.
- Okay Shop offers a selection of hand-batiked kimono robe and obi belt sets.
Body scrubs remove dead skin cells and give it a glow, smooth rough surfaces, increase circulation and moisture absorption. Body scrubs can also be used to help one feel more relaxed and confident. Many exfoliants are made with either a salt or sugar base. In choosing, consider the following. Salt particles are larger and sharper, and well suited for patches of rougher skin and calluses. Salt is also rich in minerals and draws out toxins.
Sugar particles are smaller and less sharp and suited for more sensitive skin. Sugar is also rich in gycolic acid which brightens the skin. There are numerous body scrubs from black owned brands mixed with essential oils, Shea butters, and more. Many companies have moisturizers that complement their exfoliants.
- Smell Good Spa (advertisement) offers an almond whip body sugar scrub in many fragrances.
- Urban Hydration (advertisement) offers a vanilla body scrub and a hemp body scrub.
- Urban Hydration also offers sugar and salt scrubs on Amazon.
- Body Butter Lady offers sugar scrubs in several scents and sizes.
- Bree & Milly offer both a salt and sugar scrub.
- By Justine offers a selection of body scrubs that include sugar and salt in several scents.
- Earth Born Beauty offers a selection of sugar scrubs in several aromas.
- Fabyoulife offers a collection of exfoliants, that include 1 coffee and several sugar scrubs.
- Herb’N Eden offers a selection of sugar scrubs in various scents and two sizes.
- Luxurious Lathers offers a selection of body scrubs (salt and sugar) in several scents and sizes. Free shipping is available for purchases over $75.00.
- Meticulous offers a selection of body scrubs (salt, sugar, and charcoal).
- Naked Bar Soap Co. offers a selection of whipped butter sugar scrubs in various scents.
- Natural Passion offers sugar scrubs in various scents.
- Senica Naturals offers a selection of brown sugar scrubs. Free shipping is available using the code FREE at checkout.
- Shea Butter Like Whoa offers a selection of Himalayan salt scrubs in several scents.
- Shea Shea Bakery offers a selection of scented sugar scrubs in two sizes.
- Tribewalks offers a selection of body scrubs (sugar, salt, and coffee).
- Yadain Cultural Solutions offers a selection of sugar scrubs in various scents. Free shipping is available with orders of $40.00.
- Zandra Beauty offers a selection of scented sugar scrubs.
In reviewing these lounge clothes and body scrubs, I hope you find self care and Mother’s Day gifts that work for you.
Happy Shopping! Happy Mother’s Day!
Also, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $4.95 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- By Justine. “Salty or sweet? Explore the benefits of using salt and sugar scrubs.” 7 May, 2019. https://www.by-justine.com/blog/sugar-or-salt-scrub
- Proffer, Patrick, MD. “5 Benefits of a body scrub.” 7 September, 2017. https://www.drproffer.com/blog/5-benefits-of-a-body-scrub
- Urban Hydration. “Salt vs sugar: Top tips for choosing the perfect scrub part 2.” 22 FEbruary, 2017. https://www.urbanhydration.com/blogs/news/salt-vs-sugar-tips-for-choosing-the-perfect-scrub-part-2?rfsn=3028474.a6a777