The spread of COVID-19 is more likely when people have close contact, as when living in the same household. To protect against the spread of the disease within households, the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) recommends using soap or detergent to clean dirty surfaces, and routine cleaning of surfaces that are touched often (e.g., desks, sinks, and phones). They further recommend that a disinfectant is used after cleaning. Finally, it is recommended that when cleaning and disinfecting, either disposable gloves are used, or reusable gloves only for these purposes.
In this post, we review soap and detergent products for cleaning from black owned brands. While soaps tend to be more biodegradable than detergents, many of the companies reviewed here incorporate natural and planet friendly ingredients into their products irrespective of type. We also provide links to disinfectants. Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Urban Hydration (advertisement) is on a mission to save the planet and create naturally inspired products that achieve beautiful results. Several cleaning products are available for the home and kitchen. These include a lemon coconut oil dish washing liquid, an all purpose spray, as well as a lemon extract home cleaning bundle.
- Karmalades (advertisement) uses natural, sulfate free, and biodegradable ingredients. Products are in glass jars to decrease landfill. Cleaning products include a dish washing liquid and scrubbing souffles.
- Earthly Mart is dedicated to environmentally friendly and safe cleaning products that include a dish washing liquid, multi-surface cleaner, bathroom and glass cleaners.
- Laura Kay Innovations offers a 3 in 1 germ and virus fighting multi surface cleaner with hydrogen peroxide.
- Pardo Naturals is a line of natural products for the body, hair, and home. Cleaning products include a dish washing liquid, natural glass cleaner, and scrubbing paste in several scents.
- Pur Home offers natural and eco-friendly cleaning products for the bathroom. These include an all-in-one cleaning concentrate with several scent options including unscented, organic castile soap, an all purpose bar, and a multi-surface cleaning powder. Cleaning products for the kitchen include a dish washing liquid in several scents, and a liquid multi-surface cleaner in several scents, and unscented. A hospital grade disinfectant spray that kills 99% of germs is also available in several scents.
- Soap Daddy offers a variety of kitchen and sanitation products that include a dish daddy liquid cleaner, and a Proxy D disinfectant.
- The Green Laundress offers natural and eco-friendly cleaning products that include a multi-purpose cleaner and tub scrub.
In reviewing these cleaning products, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
Stay Safe and Healthy!
Also, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find 1000+ inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is 300+ items for $10.00 and less, 200+ items from $10.01 to $15.00, and 500+ items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- Bjuy’s The Learning App. “Difference between soap and detergent.” https://byjus.com/chemistry/difference-between-soap-and-detergent/
- Centers For Disease Control. “Cleaning and disinfection for households.” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html
- Centers For Disease Control. “Cleaning and disinfecting your home.” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
- Citroner, George. “How to clean and kill COVID-19, but avoid harsh chemicals.” 8 April, 2020. https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-cleaning-products-work-to-kill-covid-19