Updated February 15, 2023
There is a renewed interest in hair flowers, clips and pins. Hair flowers were prevalent in recent New York Fashion Weeks, and hair pins and clips are on display across media outlets and retail stores. In this post we review options from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Anzhelika Crochet (advertisement) offers a selection of hair flowers and clips for children made of diverse materials including Ankara fabric.
- Fierce Love Soul (advertisement) offers a selection of culturally themed hair pins made of brass among other textiles.
- Jades Beautiful Bows (advertisement) has diverse hair bows and clips for children.
- Lilly Frilly on Amazon (advertisement) has a variety of hair clips and bows for children.
- NRODA (advertisement) offers a selection of crystal hair clips that include the dollar sign and company label.
- Pattern Beauty (advertisement) has a variety pack of hair pins that include 90 hair pins, 30 of each type.
- The Enchanted Magnolia (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of hair clips and hair flower clips for children.
- Serendiptous Project (advertisement) offers a selection of hair accessories including clips in various textures and colors.
- Afrikrea offers a diverse selection of flower hair clips in Ankara wax print among other textiles (e.g., crochet and metal).
- Camellias and Curls offers a diverse selection of handcrafted and silk hair flowers.
- Dresscode Boutique offers pink and burgundy hair clips with satin bows, rhinestones, and faux pearls.
- Lily Frilly offers a selection of confetti fruit hair bows and clips for children. Some are available at Target (advertisement) and Amazon.
In reviewing these hair accessories, I hope you find some that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
To learn more about hair flower and hair pin styles and trends see the following.
- Aschenbrand-Robinson, Rachel. “The bobby pin was the real MVP of fashion week.” https://www.thefashionspot.com/beauty/767753-bobby-pins-hair-trend/#/slide/1
- Francois, Alyssa. “Floral Afro: How to decorate your natural hair with flowers.” 23 May, 2017. https://www.allthingshair.com/en-us/hairstyles-haircuts/natural-hairstyles/floral-afro-hair/
- Jahns, Erin. “Flower-filled hair is taking over NYFW.” 25 September, 2019. https://www.byrdie.com/spring-fashion-week-flower-hair-trends-2019
- Kennedy, Eleanor. “Hair clips are back in a major way. Here’s how to nail the trend.” 27 March, 2019. https://www.lulus.com/blog/fashion/hair-clip-trend-for-2019/