There is a renewed interest in hair flowers, clips and pins. Hair flowers were prevalent in New York Fashion Week (2019), and hair pins and clips are on display across media outlets and retail stores. In this post we review options from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Anzhelika Crochet (advertisement) offers a selection of hair flowers and clips for children made of diverse materials including Ankara fabric.
- Fierce Love Soul (advertisement) offers a selection of culturally themed hair pins made of brass among other textiles.
- Loc•cessories (advertisement) offers a selection of feathered hair clips that are adorned with coconut shells and different colored cowrie shells.
- NRODA (advertisement) offers a selection of crystal hair clips that include the dollar sign and company label.
- Pattern Beauty (advertisement) has a variety pack of hair pins that include 90 hair pins, 30 of each type.
- The Enchanted Magnolia (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of hair clips and hair flower clips for children.
- Serendiptous Project (advertisement) offers a selection of hair accessories including clips in various textures and colors.
- Afrikrea offers a diverse selection of flower hair clips in Ankara wax print among other textiles (e.g., crochet and metal).
- Camellias and Curls offers a diverse selection of handcrafted and silk hair flowers.
- Dresscode Boutique offers pink and burgundy hair clips with satin bows, rhinestones, and faux pearls.
In reviewing these hair accessories, I hope you find some that work for you.
Also, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
Subscribe to our Blog (and Confirm by Email)
Like, Share,, and Bookmark our Posts
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr
To learn more about hair flower and hair pin styles and trends see the following.
- Aschenbrand-Robinson, Rachel. “The bobby pin was the real MVP of fashion week.” https://www.thefashionspot.com/beauty/767753-bobby-pins-hair-trend/#/slide/1
- Francois, Alyssa. “Floral Afro: How to decorate your natural hair with flowers.” 23 May, 2017. https://www.allthingshair.com/en-us/hairstyles-haircuts/natural-hairstyles/floral-afro-hair/
- Jahns, Erin. “Flower-filled hair is taking over NYFW.” 25 September, 2019. https://www.byrdie.com/spring-fashion-week-flower-hair-trends-2019
- Kennedy, Eleanor. “Hair clips are back in a major way. Here’s how to nail the trend.” 27 March, 2019. https://www.lulus.com/blog/fashion/hair-clip-trend-for-2019/