Bug spray is a necessity during hot weather, and you have options from black owned brands. These bug sprays tend to be deet free, and incorporate natural ingredients with bug repellent qualities. Examples include eucalyptus, citronella, tea tree, lavender, neem, and more. Information regarding “natural” bug repellents is provided in the references.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Garner’s Garden (advertisement) offers a bug repellent oil that also moisturizes the skin. A bug spray is also available.
- Lizzie’s All Natural (advertisement) offers a bug off repellent spray made with a blend of essential oils.
- Use the code LESLIE at checkout for a 10% discount.
In reviewing these bug repellents, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has an ETSY Store with merchandise celebrating culture. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog. A selection is provided below. FREE shipping.
- Sissons, Beth. “What are the best natural mosquito repellents?” 31 May, 2019. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325337
- Yasin, Kareem, Wenger, Adam, & Watson, Kathyrn. “10 natural ingredients that repel mosquitos.” 7 March, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/kinds-of-natural-mosquito-repellant
- Wikipedia. “Insect repellent.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insect_repellent