Essential oils are extracted from plants (e.g., lavender and tea tree) using a variety of methods. They are called “essential” because they reflect the “essence” of the plant. Essential oils are used for many things such as aromatherapy. Inhaling essential oils such as lavender may aid with sleep and headaches. Others such as lemon may be useful in reducing weight gain and stress. Diffusers are commonly used to disperse essential oil vapors into the air to inhale.
Essential oils can also be applied topically with the use of a carrier oil such as argan, which comes from the kernel of the argan tree native to Morocco. Argan oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, and applied to the skin to treat acne and psoriasis, increase skin elasticity, and reduce stretch marks. It is also used to moisturize the skin and condition the hair. Moringa oil has a high amount of oleic acid and proteins, and comes from the Moringa oleifera tree. It is also used to moisturize the skin and hair.
In this post, we provide a list of essential, argan, and moringa oils from black owned brands. Detailed information about their uses and benefits are provided in the references.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Lizzie’s All Natural (advertisement) offers pure and therapeutic grade essential oils in a variety of scents. These include lemon, lavender, frankincense, tea tree, eucalyptus, sweet orange, lemongrass, and rosemary. An essential oil bundle, where you save by buying in bulk is also available.
- Garner’s Garden (advertisement) offers a pure, cold pressed, and organic argan oil that can be used for the skin, hair, nails and scalp.
- Soaps and Butters (advertisement) offers a selection of 100% pure essential oils that include lavender, eucalyptus, oregano, and frankincense.
- BLK + GRN (advertisement) offers a 100% pure Haitian moringa oil. Use the code shopwithleslie to receive a discount.
- Oshun Organics offers a selection of pure and undiluted essential oils. These include lemongrass, peppermint, tea tree, and lavender.
- True Moringa offers a pure moringa oil for the face, body, and hair. It is also available on Amazon (advertisement).
In reviewing these products I hope you find oils that work for you. Happy shopping!
Also, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or, consider the following.Buy me a coffee
- Cronkleton, Emily. “How to use essential oils.” 9 August, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-use-essential-oils
- Fogoros, Richard, MD. “The health benefits of argan oil.” 24 November, 2019. https://www.verywellhealth.com/argan-oil-what-should-i-know-about-it-89938
- Very Well Health. “Aromatherapy and essential oils.” https://www.verywellhealth.com/aromatherapy-and-essential-oils-4013141
- West, Helen, RD. “What are essential oils, and do they work?” 30 September, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-are-essential-oils
- Whelan, Cory. “Moringa oil benefits and uses.” 13 December, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/moringa-oil