Statement chokers and collar necklaces are trending. With the holidays right around the corner, consider how wearing one would enhance your look in dresses, sweaters, and on Zoom. You will find many bold, innovative, and colorful pieces in this post from black owned brands. These include brass, beaded, fabric, up- and re-cycled, as well as sterling silver and fine gold jewelry statement chokers and collar necklaces. Check out the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- 54kibo (advertisement) offers an open cuff brass choker that is handcrafted of recycled metal and Maasai glass beads. Habida and and Luna brass chokers are also available.
- Auvere (advertisement) offers 22 karat convertible rope necklaces that can be worn in different choker styles.
- Brave Chick (advertisement) offers several chokers. These include a “colliding galaxies mirror choker” with quartz stones, and chokers embellished with pearls.
- Cloth & Chord is also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Gemdrops and Glamrocks (advertisement) offers a moon necklace choker made with upcycled materials, and a wood bead choker with a glass peacock feather pendant.
- Maison De Mode (advertisement) has a selection of fine jewelry chokers made of sustainable materials.
- Adele Dejak offers a large selection of chokers made of recycled brass, and aluminum. Chokers are handcrafted in Africa and infused with cultural symbolism.
- Elouinia Exantus Jewelry offers a 90’s crystal choker for which there are options for crystals and beads.
- L’enchanteur offers a bean neck plate that is available in several options (gold plated, sterling, and 14 karat).
- Mombasa offers a gemstone collar necklace that combines citrine, amethyst, and quartz with 14K gold filled metal.
- Tru Face by Grace (advertisement) offers many choker styles necklaces. Examples include a Zeenat vintage choker in various color combinations and a genuine buffalo horn collar necklace. A Queen Rajendra ethnic choker and a Tibet beaded choker are also available.
In reviewing these chokers I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
To learn more about the statement choker/collar necklace trend. Check out the following sources.
- Laginess, Laura. “8 jewelry trends from the Spring 2021 runways that will be everywhere next season.” 11 October, 2020. https://www.thezoereport.com/p/8-jewelry-trends-from-the-spring-2021-runways-that-will-be-everywhere-next-season-37650681
- Liao, Marina. “The jewelry trends you’ll wear with your 2020 outfits.” 29 June, 2020. https://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/g30431307/jewelry-trends-2020/?slide=6
- Torgerson, Rachel and Flum, Danielle. “12 2020 Fall jewelry trends you’re about to see everywhere.” 13 July, 2020. https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/g31025659/fall-jewelry-trends-2020/