Sleep, adequate rest, and relaxation are important to the immune system and overall well being. In this post we focus on affordable pajamas and loungewear ranging from $20.00 to $100.00. Information on where to buy slippers and sleep masks is also provided. Research shows that sleep masks and ear plugs help promote Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep which benefits mood. Furthermore, sleep masks can aid one with meditation. Finally, slippers round out your lounging experience. You have many options from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Sleep and Lounge Wear
- Adora’s Intimates (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of Ankara print robes as well as customizable satin robes.
- Black Girl Powerhouse (advertisement) has hoodie blankets, and a lips blanket robe.
- Chocolate Ancestor (advertisement) offers a selection of Ankara print robes in a knit jersey fabric.
- Cookies Creati By Lakia (advertisement) offers a selection of thematic sleep and lounge wear that include shorts and long pants, onesies, as well as kimono robes.
- Curtis Brands (advertisement) offers a selection of sweat sets that are great for lounging. A three piece lounge wear set is also available.
- Fussy Fabrics (advertisement) offers pajamas and loungewear that include robes and onesies, lace teddies in multiple colors, and a fuzzy fur loungewear set, also in several colors.
- Linoto (advertisement) offers linen boxer shorts in many colors that can be worn for sleeping or lounging.
- Öfuurë (advertisement) offers a pajamas collection that includes robes and pajama sets (long pants and shorts), and a slip dress in silk-satin fabrics. Use our links and get a discount at checkout!
- Party Patch Club (advertisement) offers a selection of limited edition and culturally themed pajama rompers.
- Ruby Love (advertisement) offers sleepwear that includes boy shorts, sleep pants, and onesies. Similar sleepwear for teens is also available.
- Sunstar Athletic Wear (advertisement) offers a selection of kimono robes and peignoir robes in either chiffon or a jersey fabric.
- Teddies Afrique (advertisement) offers African print night wear that includes pajamas with matching robes and bonnets.
- Wax and Wonder (advertisement) offers a selection of satin pajama sets that include tops and pants (or shorts).
- April Blooms Boutique offers pajamas and lounge wear that include a striped pajama set and a floral satin set consisting of a top and pants.
- Bloom Loungewear offers loungwear separates such as crop hoodies and matching shorts and leggings.
- Cherry Blossom Intimates offers a large and diverse selection of sleep and lounge wear that includes pajama sets, robes, and night gowns.
- Izzy & Liv offers sleep shirts for women as well as pajamas for children. Cami and shorts sets are also available.
- The Diva Kurves Collection offers loungewear that includes a hooded plus size onesie and a “woke up curvy” tee.
Slippers and Sleep Masks
- Dr. Liza Shoes (advertisement) offers a selection of orthopedic slippers lined with soft shearling and a shock absorbing EVA sole. The upper is in leather, and in multiple colors.
- Wax and Wonder (advertisement) offers a selection sleep masks as well as slippers for men and woman. There are several fabric options.
- Zazzy Kreations (advertisement) offers a selection of sleep masks that match other accessories such as travel (neck) pillows and bags.
- Cultural Interiors offers a reversible indigo sleep mask with soft cotton on one side and silk on the other.
In reviewing these products, I hope you find sleep and lounge wear that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has an ETSY Store with merchandise celebrating culture. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog. A selection is provided below. FREE shipping.
To learn more about the benefits of sleep masks as well as getting enough sleep, check out the following references.
- Earplugs and Eye Masks Help Promote Sleep – Sleep Foundation
- Leonard, Jane. “What is REM sleep?” 2017, September 1. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247927
- Meditation Eye Mask – Know the benefits from using it! (guardian-angel-reading.com)
- Suni, Eric. Sleep & Immunity: Can a Lack of Sleep Make You Sick? | Sleep Foundation 2020, November 19.