Sleep, adequate rest, and relaxation are important to the immune system and overall well being. In this post we focus on affordable pajamas and loungewear ranging from $20.00 to $100.00. Information on where to buy slippers and sleep masks is also provided. Research shows that sleep masks and ear plugs help promote Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep which benefits mood. Furthermore, sleep masks can aid one with meditation. Finally, slippers round out your lounging experience. You have many options from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Sleep and Lounge Wear
- Black Girl Powerhouse (advertisement) has diverse sleepwear including onesies and robes.
- Karl Kani (advertisement) has lounge wear for men and women that includes sateen Coachella tops and pants.
- Linoto (advertisement) offers linen boxer shorts in many colors that can be worn for sleeping or lounging.
- Nasir Noelle Designs (advertisement) has a selection of “just blessed” pajama sets for women in several colors. “Melanin friends” pajama sets for children are also available.
- Öfuurë (advertisement) offers a pajamas collection that includes robes and pajama sets (long pants and shorts), and a slip dress in silk-satin fabrics. Use our links and get a discount at checkout!
- Ruby Love (advertisement) offers sleepwear that includes boy shorts, sleep pants, and onesies. Similar sleepwear for teens is also available.
- Teddies Afrique (advertisement) offers African print night wear that includes pajamas with matching robes and bonnets.
PREVIEW: A digital activity book for Kwanzaa and beyond. An Afrocentric approach to Family Bonding and Youth Development, which includes a downloadable companion packet with all activities. Bonus coloring pages are also included. The cost is $18.99. Learn more about this eBook HERE.
- Bloom Loungewear offers loungwear separates such as crop hoodies and matching shorts and leggings.
- Cherry Blossom Intimates offers a large and diverse selection of sleep and lounge wear that includes pajama sets, robes, and night gowns.
- Izzy & Liv offers sleep shirts for women as well as other pajamas. Cami and shorts sets are also available.
- K’S PJS has a variety of one and two piece pajama sets.
- PJ’s For The Culture has a diverse selection of culturally representative holiday pajamas, that include Christmas and Kwanzaa themes.
Slippers and Sleep Masks
- Dr. Liza Shoes (advertisement) offers a selection of orthopedic slippers lined with soft shearling and a shock absorbing EVA sole. The upper is in leather, and in multiple colors
- Zazzy Kreations (advertisement) offers a selection of sleep masks that match other accessories such as travel (neck) pillows and bags.
- Twelve AM offers a diverse selection of fluffy slippers in multiple colors. Slippers are also available on Amazon (advertisement).
In reviewing these products, I hope you find sleep and lounge wear that works for you.
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
To learn more about the benefits of sleep masks as well as getting enough sleep, check out the following references.
- Earplugs and Eye Masks Help Promote Sleep – Sleep Foundation
- Leonard, Jane. “What is REM sleep?” 2017, September 1. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247927
- Meditation Eye Mask – Know the benefits from using it! (guardian-angel-reading.com)
- Suni, Eric. Sleep & Immunity: Can a Lack of Sleep Make You Sick? | Sleep Foundation 2020, November 19.