In this post, we review fitness products to help you achieve your fitness goals. This includes fitness gear and equipment, and healthful foods and drinks from black owned brands. We also highlight brands that offer online fitness training. Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Fitness Gear and Equipment
- PowerHandz (advertisement) offers sporting goods that include weighted gloves, basket balls, resistance bands, sliders, and a patented weighted power suit.
- rē•spin by Halle Berry (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of fitness gear that includes speed and weighted jump ropes, a full body resistance loop, a yoga/stability ball, chest expander, booty band, gloves, weights, slimmers, yoga blocks and more.
- Brick Built offers a range of fitness accessories that include trimmers for the waist and thighs, sauna pants, and gloves.
- Get Up And Glo offers a resistance band set consisting of 3 levels (light, medium, and heavy). Resistance bands are also sold individually.
- Just Lift offers a variety of training accessories that include weightlifting belts, wrist/elbow wraps, and a knee sleeve.
- Soul Shop offers a large selection of lifting equipment that includes barbells, weight plates, a squat pad, kettle bells, and more.
Fitness Training (Virtual and Online)
- Ju’Nae Fit offers a full body program that can be completed in four weeks.
- LBX Fitness offers a workout channel via YouTube with videos for all exercise levels.
- Lita Lewis offers training app programs and ebooks.
- Mr. Shut Up and Train offers “Fitness TV” via YouTube with diverse workout sessions.
- Muscle Up Mommy offers a 28 day fitness challenge consisting of live and recorded videos.
Fitness Foods and Drinks
FLOWS Grocery (advertisement) offers a selection of fonio products from Yolélé. This includes fonio pilaf and couscous. Fonio is an ancient west African low fat grain that is high in fiber and protein. More information about the weight management benefits of fonio is provided in the references. Nesis brewed and unsweetened hibiscus tea, Blend of Soul cold pressed juices, and Nooma sports hydration drinks are also available.
- Yolélé fonio products are also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Happy Viking (by Venus Williams) offers a selection of plant protein shakes that are available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Iya Foods (advertisement) offers a selection of whole food vegetable powders (e.g., kale, spinach, carrot) that can be used for a variety of purposes such as for baking, soups, and smoothies.
- Vegan Smart (advertisement) offers a selection of protein powders including ones designed for weight loss.
- Black Edged offers African mango drops, extracted from the seed of the African mango. Extract from the seed contains a high amount of fiber. Information about the nutritional and weight loss value are provided in the references.
In reviewing these fitness products, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie offers a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
Find more inspiration here!
For more information about the foods and drinks for fitness discussed above, check out the following sources.
- Del Coro, Kristy. MS. RDN. CN. “Fonio nutrition facts and health benefits.” 12 August, 2020. https://www.verywellfit.com/fonio-nutrition-facts-4693487
- Link, Rachael. MS. RD. “7 proven ways matcha tea improves your health.” 25 February, 2020. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-benefits-of-matcha-tea
- Link, Rachael. MS. RD. “8 benefits of hibiscus tea.” 25 November, 2017. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/hibiscus-tea-benefits
- Van De Walle, Gavin. MS. RD. “Should you have a protein shake before or after your workout? ” 22 May, 2020. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/protein-shake-before-or-after-workout
- Wong, Cathy. “African mango for weight loss.” 3 December, 2020. https://www.verywellfit.com/african-mango-for-weight-loss-90046
- Young, Nicole. “Fonio: Try this nutrient-packed ancient grain when your over quinoa.” 1 October, 2020. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fonio-ancient-grain-nutrition_l_5f356496c5b64cc99fe3b7c8
- Zelman, Katheleen M. MPH. RD. LD. “African mango: What to know about irvingia gabonensi.” https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/african-mango-supplements#1