Pearls have been recognized as precious gems for centuries. Pearls symbolize many things across cultures, but broadly express love, wealth, and wisdom. Traditionally, pearls have been worn more for formal and special occasions, and by the mature and elite. Nowadays however, pearl jewelry is trending across diverse and modern fashion genres. You can find pearls intertwined with urban and street wear, and increasingly worn by millennials, men, and Generations X and Z, where pearls are styled according to interest and occasion. You can mix pearls with other jewelry and accessories, or wear them as a centerpiece. Though pearls are commonly thought of as white or cream, cultured and natural pearls are available in many colors; and you will find this diversity among black owned brands.
Pearls make a great Valentine’s Day gift or self treat! In this post, we review the following types of pearl jewelry.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Brave Chick Jewelry (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of pearl jewelry that includes earrings, rings, and necklaces.
- Erika’s Artifacts (advertisement) offers a selection of fine vintage and antique pearl jewelry that include necklaces, rings, earrings, and brooches.
- Erika and Friends (advertisement) offers a selection of vintage pearl jewelry that includes grey, brown, multicolored, and white cultured pearls.
- Jada Gems1 (advertisement) has a diverse selection of freshwater pearl earrings.
- Lace and Pearls Jewelry (advertisement) has a selection of freshwater pearl pendants and freshwater pearl earrings.
- Mateo (advertisement) offers a large and diverse selection of pearl jewelry across a variety of platforms. These include the following.
- White Space Jewelry offers a selection of pearl jewelry on Catbird (advertisement).
- Adore Adorn offers “twins earrings” with pearls on each side that are set in either 14K, rose gold, or rhodium.
- Carolyn Nicole offers a peacock blue pearl sword ring with diamond accents, and a pearl skull engagement ring set in 14K gold.
- Marei Fine Jewelry offers a selection of pearl jewelry that includes Tahitian, South Sea, and Akoya pearl rings, and onyx rings with pearl accents.
- Andrea Lamar offers a large selection of pearl jewelry that includes necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings.
In reviewing these pearl gems, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
* Pearls come in many varieties for which you should verify with the vendor before purchasing.
- Attardo, Katie. “The jewelry trends for Spring 2021, straight from the runways.” 2020, December 22. https://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/g34291454/spring-2021-jewelry-trends/
- Braid, Fara, and Shang, Phoebe. “Pearl Symbolism.” https://www.gemsociety.org/article/history-legend-pearls-gems-yore/
- GIA. “Pearl Description.” https://www.gia.edu/pearl-description
- Radin, Sara. “Thanks to a crop of young designers, pearls shed their stereotypes.” 2020, March 11. https://hypebae.com/2020/3/pearls-fashion-jewelry-trend-gucci-fenty-simone-rocha
- Stern, Carly. “Rapped up in pearls” How Hollywood’s most fashion forward men from Harry Styles to rapper A$AP Rocky, have made the pearl necklace a must-have accessory for GUYS.” 2020, March 11. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8100371/How-pearl-necklaces-accessory-choice-Hollywoods-fashion-forward-MEN.html