Pearls have been recognized as precious gems for centuries. Pearls symbolize many things across cultures, but broadly express love, wealth, and wisdom. Traditionally, pearls have been worn more for formal and special occasions, and by the mature and elite. Nowadays however, pearl jewelry is trending across diverse and modern fashion genres. You can find pearls intertwined with urban and street wear, and increasingly worn by millennials, men, and Generations X and Z, where pearls are styled according to interest and occasion. You can mix pearls with other jewelry and accessories, or wear them as a centerpiece. Though pearls are commonly thought of as white or cream, cultured and natural pearls are available in many colors; and you will find this diversity among black owned brands.
Pearls make a great Valentine’s Day gift or self treat! In this post, we review the following types of pearl jewelry.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Cultured/Natural Pearls *
- Akweley Design (advertisement) offers a multi-strand copper beaded necklace with pearls, onyx beads and more.
- Brave Chick Jewelry (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of pearl jewelry that includes earrings, rings, and necklaces.
- Creations By Toni (advertisement) offers a mother of pearl shell and natural ivory pearl bangle bracelet, made from pearl shell beads, natural and irregular pearl beads.
- Erika’s Artifacts (advertisement) offers a selection of fine vintage and antique pearl jewelry that include necklaces, rings, earrings, and brooches.
- Erika and Friends (advertisement) offers a selection of vintage pearl jewelry that includes grey, brown, multicolored, and white cultured pearls.
- Maison De Mode (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of pearl jewelry (earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces) made of sustainable materials.
- Mateo (advertisement) offers a large and diverse selection of pearl jewelry across a variety of platforms. These include the following.
- Mateo pearl jewelry is also available on Amazon (advertisement).
- Serendiptous Project (advertisement) offers a large selection of pearl jewelry that include freshwater, baroque, and vintage items.
- White Space Jewelry (advertisement) offers a selection of pearl jewelry across multiple platforms. Cream and pink cultured and freshwater pearls are available.
- Adore Adorn offers “twins earrings” with pearls on each side that are set in either 14K, rose gold, or rhodium.
- Carolyn Nicole offers a peacock blue pearl sword ring with diamond accents, and a pearl skull engagement ring set in 14K gold.
- Jewelz of Jordon offers a selection of “felicity” freshwater pearl necklaces. These includes pearls that are gold, lavender, copper, and orange in color.
- Marei Fine Jewelry offers a selection of pearl jewelry that includes Tahitian, South Sea, and Akoya pearl rings, and onyx rings with pearl accents.
- Serendiptous Project (advertisement) offers a faux pearl jewelry that includes necklaces and earrings.
- Andrea Lamar offers a large selection of pearl jewelry that includes necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings.
In reviewing these pearl gems, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
* Pearls come in many varieties for which you should verify with the vendor before purchasing.
- Attardo, Katie. “The jewelry trends for Spring 2021, straight from the runways.” 2020, December 22. https://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/g34291454/spring-2021-jewelry-trends/
- Braid, Fara, and Shang, Phoebe. “Pearl Symbolism.” https://www.gemsociety.org/article/history-legend-pearls-gems-yore/
- GIA. “Pearl Description.” https://www.gia.edu/pearl-description
- Radin, Sara. “Thanks to a crop of young designers, pearls shed their stereotypes.” 2020, March 11. https://hypebae.com/2020/3/pearls-fashion-jewelry-trend-gucci-fenty-simone-rocha
- Stern, Carly. “Rapped up in pearls” How Hollywood’s most fashion forward men from Harry Styles to rapper A$AP Rocky, have made the pearl necklace a must-have accessory for GUYS.” 2020, March 11. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8100371/How-pearl-necklaces-accessory-choice-Hollywoods-fashion-forward-MEN.html