In this post, you will find lip balms, lip scrubs, and lip masks from black owned brands that are made with natural and moisturizing ingredients. Lips do not have oil glands and are prone to drying. Lip care is needed 12 months a year as cold, dry, or hot weather increases one’s risk of having dry, chapped lips. Staying hydrated is a preventative measure.
Lip balms should contain moisturizing ingredients such as Shea butter, ceramides, coconut, castor, or essential oils, beeswax and other ingredients that protect against sun damage. It is especially useful to apply lip balm before going to sleep. Using a humidifier, is another preventative step.
Lip scrubs can also protect against dry chapped lips provided they include moisturizing ingredients such as hemp seed oil and honey. Using sugar in exfoliants is common in that it draws in moisture. It is important to gently exfoliate and continue with a hydrating lip moisturizer or mask.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Garner’s Garden (advertisement) offers several natural lip balms that include coconut oil, Shea butter, and beeswax.
- Lizzie’s All Natural (advertisement) offers several chapsticks made with Shea butter, beeswax, and vitamin E oil.
- The Lip Bar (advertisement) offers a variety of lip care products. These include a lip care set that contains a lip scrub with micro fine sugar crystals and vitamin E, and a lip serum infused with almond oil. Shimmer lip balms containing ceramides, nourishing oils, and moisture retaining hyaluronic acid are also available.
- BLK + GRN (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of lip balms with moisturizing ingredients.
- All Things O’Natural offers a lip therapy stick made with Shea butter, coconut oil, and organic beeswax.
- Body Butter Lady offers lip care products consisting of an oil based lip balm with Shea, jojoba, and coconut oils, and a lip scrub consisting of brown sugar, Shea butter and hemp seed oils.
- Bree & Milly offers a lip scrub made with brown sugar, castor, coconut, organic honey, sweet almond & vitamin E oils.
- By Justine offers lip care products that include lip scrubs made with organic sugars, argan, olive, among other oils. Lip balms contain organic jojoba oil, beeswax and more.
- Earth Born Beauty offers a selection of creamy lip butters made with different butters, vitamins, and essential oils.
- Hazel’s Soapery offers a selection of lip care products that includes a lip scrub made with sugar, avocado, and sunflower oil. A lip balm made with moisturizing ingredients is also available.
- KNC Beauty offers a selection of collagen infused lip masks and lip balms with moisturizing ingredients such as Shea butter and moringa oil.
- Krazy Essentials offers lip care products that include lip balms made with candelilla wax, mango butter and castor oil. A lip scrub made with sugar, jojoba, and castor oil is also available.
- Nandi’s Naturals offers a selection of lip soothers that include sunflower oil, beeswax, and vitamin E.
- Pardo Naturals offers a lip care bundle that includes a lip balm made with beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa butter, and a lip scrub made with sugar, grapeseed among other oils.
- Shea Shea Bakery offers lip care products that include lip balms made with sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and beeswax. A lip scrub is also available made with raw honey, sugar, and castor oil.
- Sage & Onyx offers natural lip balms made with organic Shea and cocoa butter, beeswax, and vitamin E.
- Zandra Beauty offers lip balms made with Shea and cocoa butter, beeswax, and more. The lip balms are also available through Amazon (advertisement) and Walmart(advertisement). Lip scrubs are also available.
In reviewing these lip care products, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
- American Academy of Dermatology Association. “7 dermatologists’ tips for healing dry, chapped lips.” https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-basics/dry/heal-dry-chapped-lips
- Eske, Jamie. “Best 6 ways to relieve chapped lips.” 24 January, 2019. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles
- Hauser, Eylse. “What’s the deal with lip scrubs?” 23, October. 2019. https://www.lifesavvy.com/11691/whats-the-deal-with-lip-scrubs/
- Cherney, Kristeen. “How to use coconut oil for dry chapped lips.” 6 April, 2018. https://www.healthline.com/health/coconut-oil-for-lips#maximum-moisture
- Healthline. “How to get rid of chapped lips.” 7 November, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-chapped-lips/324281#_noHeaderPrefixedContent
- Naturally Daily. “Essential oils for chapped lips (dry and split lips). 18 December, 2018. https://naturallydaily.com/essential-oils-for-chapped-lips/
- WedMD. “Chapped lips.” https://www.webmd.com/beauty/why-your-lips-are-chapped#1