Updated April 11, 2023
A cork purse or accessory adds style and texture to an outfit. Cork accessories are also environmentally friendly. Cork is harvested from cork oak trees without cutting them down, by removing the outer layer of the tree bark. From there it is processed and used for an assortment of goods including “cork leather.” Extracting the cork increases the rate (by 3 to 5 times) at which the tree absorbs carbon dioxide (CO2). Cork is also durable. It is fire, water, and scratch resistant, and easy to clean.
So, if you want to be stylish, have a durable handbag or accessory, and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, purchasing cork products are a way to go. Below you will find several from black owned brands. Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- KKG Goods (advertisement) offers handmade cork accessories. This includes an assortment of cork accessories which include clutch and cross body bags, wallets, key holders and fobs. Cork leather office supplies are also available.
- Love Laylah (advertisement) has a diverse selection of cork accessories that include handbags, wallets, and coin purses.
- Mind The Cork (advertisement) offers a selection of cork products that include planters, card holders, and desktop accessories.
- Mouna’s Corner (advertisement) offers a selection of cork accessories that include wristlets, wallets, business card holders, and key fobs.
- Pelcor (advertisement) is a “made in Portugal brand” and owned by Rui Tati. Cork accessories (e.g., apron, wallet, hat, umbrella, and pet feeders) are available on Etsy.
- Simply9 Designs (advertisement) offers diverse cork accessories that include wallets, wristlets, totes, lap top sleeves, hobo and makeup bags in several colors.
- Pelcor is a “made in Portugal brand” and owned by Rui Tati. Many cork accessories are offered including handbags, wallets, and phone cases.
In reviewing these items, I hope you find a cork purse or accessory that works for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
- “Cork.” How cork is made – material, making, history, used, processing, components, composition, structure, product (madehow.com)
- “Cork Material.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_(material)
- Pereira, Helen. “The Rationale behind Cork Properties: A Review of Structure and Chemistry” 2015. https://bioresources.cnr.ncsu.edu/resources/the-rationale-behind-cork-properties-a-review-of-structure-and-chemistry/