Shorts are a summer staple, and in this post we review shorts from black owned brands. These include everyday shorts that are casual and comfortable for running errands, shopping, lounging around the house or yard, and hanging out with family and friends. We also review chic and dressy shorts for nights out on the town and more upscale events.
You will find separates, shorts with a matching top or blazer, as well as diverse textiles and patterns (e.g., Ankara prints, linen, cotton and leather). You will also find regular and plus sizes.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
Casual and Comfortable
- Good American (advertisement) has a large selection of denim shorts in blue, black, and white. Bermuda length and plus size shorts are available.
- Poetic Justice Clothing (advertisement) offers a selection of denim shorts in regular and plus sizes.
- Trendi Fashions Boutique (advertisement) offers shorts in prints and solids. Shorts in diverse textiles (e.g., denim, polyester, and PU leather) are available.
- Wax and Wonder (advertisement) has “body kind” African print shorts to fit your curves. African print “Bahama style” shorts and elastic waist (with a drawstring) shorts are also available. Regular and plus sizes are offered and you can select among several African prints.
- Chic & Curvy offers a large selection of regular and plus sized Bermuda short sets. Several are chic and dressy as well.
- Daily Paper offers a selection of primarily cotton shorts with an elastic waist. Plus size options are available.
- J. Brooks Boutique offers a diverse selection of solid colored shorts made of cotton/linen blends. They can be dressed up or down.
Chic & Dressy
- Gracemade (advertisement) offers a selection of ethically made and solid colored shorts (cotton/linen/rayon blends), and reversible matching tops. Shorts have elastic in the waist.
- Öfuurë (advertisement) offers a large selection of Ankara print shorts with matching tops and blazers. Regular and plus sizes are available. Use our links and get a discount at checkout!
- Abike shorts in red, white, and blue
- Agbani shorts and blazer
- Amara shorts and a crop top and blazer
- Jaiye shorts and a crop top with flared sleeves at the cuff
- Jola shorts and an off the shoulder crop top
- Julie shorts and an off the shoulder crop top
- Zuri shorts and a crop top with flared sleeves at the cuff, and a blazer
- Dresscode Boutique offers leather shorts with an elastic waist that are available in several solid colors.
- Kiya Tomlin offers a draped short in jersey fabric that falls just above the knee. It is available in several solid colors. Plus size options and matching tops are available.
- Sika’a offers a selection of dress shorts that are longer in length.
- Tracy Nicole offers a selection of wide leg shorts (knee length) in several solid colors. Plus size options are available, and matching tops made of the same material (vortex/nylon/spandex) are available.
In reviewing these shorts I hope you find one or more that work for you. Happy shopping!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.