In this post, we review tee shirts that promote fathers and Father’s Day from black owned brands. Father’s Day has been around for over a century. It was started by Sonora Smart Dodd, whose own father raised six children as a single parent. She was commended in 2008 for recognizing the importance of fathers.
Fathers matter to children in many ways. Children with present and involved fathers tend to do better in school and are less likely to become entangled in the criminal justice system. Involved fathers help children appreciate the real world consequences of their behavior, and contribute to more responsible decision making. Fathers are role models, providers, mentors, and more. As such Father’s Day tee shirts, cards, other gifts and celebrations are ways we pay homage.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Afrocentric Tribe (advertisement) has a selection of black father tee shirts. Each is available in several colors.
- Black Arts Matters (advertisement) offers black father tee shirts that are available in several styles.
- The Meek Apparel (advertisement) has tee shirts with a variety of “Dad” themes. Several are available in multiple colors.
- The Melanin Pride (advertisement) offers tee shirts celebrating fathers. Tee shirts are available in several colors.
- Power In Black offers a variety of tee shirts in their “Father’s Day” collection. Tee shirts come in several colors.
In reviewing these tee shirts I hope you find a Father’s Day gift that works for him.
Happy shopping! Happy Father’s Day!
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There will be updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
More Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Black Owned Brands (Advertisement)
If you would like more information on the origins of Father’s Day and on how father’s matter, see the following references.
- “Father’s Day.” Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day_(United_States)
- “H. RES. 1274.” 110th Congress 2D Session. https://www.congress.gov/110/bills/hres1274/BILLS-110hres1274ih.pdf
- Rossman, Sean. “Why dads matter according to science.” USA Today. 13 June, 2017. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/13/why-dads-matter-according-science/377125001/
- Scott, Mindy E., Wilson, April, Teague, Shawn, Turner, Kimberly, and Karberg, Elizabeth. “5 Ways Fathers Matter.” 15 June, 2016. https://www.childtrends.org/publications/5-ways-fathers-matter