Photo by dun_deagh
Brooches add texture and flair to outfits, and have been trending for the past several years. And what is good about brooches is that you can wear them in diverse ways (e.g., on a belt, hat, or lapel) and even wear more than one. As such we decided to review brooches from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Denise Beadtiful World (advertisement) has a selection of black woman cameo brooches in several colors and with a variety of settings.
- Erika and Friends (advertisement) has a selection of vintage brooches in a variety of styles and textiles.
- Erika’s Artifacts (advertisement) has a selection of vintage brooches in a variety of styles and textiles.
- Erst While Style (advertisement) has a selection of vintage brooches in several styles and textures.
- No Liam Boutique (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of Ankara tie brooches with coordinating earrings.
- Magnepels offers an extensive selection of magnetic lapel flowers in diverse styles and textiles.
In reviewing these brooches, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
To learn more about the brooch trend and styling, see the following.
- Dyett, Linda. “The brooch is back, baby.” 24 March, 2021. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/style/lady-gaga-brooch-brooches-pins-gucci-schiaparelli.html
- Kurbanova, Tamila. “Brooches: The most stylish accessory of this spring.” 29 March, 2020. https://wfc.tv/en/articles/about-fashion/brooches-the-most-stylish-accessory-of-this-spring
- MillennialMe. “How to wear a brooch/ways to wear a brooch.” 14 March, 2018. https://millennial-me.com/how-to-wear-a-brooch/
- WikiHow. “How to wear a brooch.” 12 December, 2021. https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-a-Brooch