Photo by dun_deagh
Brooches add texture and flair to outfits, and have been trending for the past several years. And what is good about brooches is that you can wear them in diverse ways (e.g., on a belt, hat, or lapel) and even wear more than one. As such we decided to review brooches from black owned brands. See the company and product links below for details.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Denise Beadtiful World (advertisement) has a selection of black woman cameo brooches in several colors and with a variety of settings.
- Erika and Friends (advertisement) has a selection of vintage brooches in a variety of styles and textiles.
- Erika’s Artifacts (advertisement) has a selection of vintage brooches in a variety of styles and textiles.
- No Liam Boutique (advertisement) offers a diverse selection of Ankara tie brooches with coordinating earrings.
- Magnepels offers an extensive selection of magnetic lapel flowers in diverse styles and textiles.
In reviewing these brooches, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
ALSO, Shop With Leslie is offering a Premium Content section with Buying Guides and Sales Information. You will find thousands of inexpensive and fabulous items for $25.00 and less from black owned companies. That is items for $10.00 and less, items from $10.01 to $15.00, and items from $15.01 to $25.00. Great sales at 50% off are also posted. We do the legwork so you don’t have to! There are updates and posts throughout the year. You can sign up HERE for the low cost of $12.00 per year. Or consider the following.
To learn more about the brooch trend and styling, see the following.
- Dyett, Linda. “The brooch is back, baby.” 24 March, 2021. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/style/lady-gaga-brooch-brooches-pins-gucci-schiaparelli.html
- Kurbanova, Tamila. “Brooches: The most stylish accessory of this spring.” 29 March, 2020. https://wfc.tv/en/articles/about-fashion/brooches-the-most-stylish-accessory-of-this-spring
- MillennialMe. “How to wear a brooch/ways to wear a brooch.” 14 March, 2018. https://millennial-me.com/how-to-wear-a-brooch/
- WikiHow. “How to wear a brooch.” 12 December, 2021. https://www.wikihow.com/Wear-a-Brooch