Updated September 1, 2023
Denim is a wardrobe staple and has been in production for over a century. Though starting out as work wear, denim has long made the transition to everyday and high fashion. And as casual wear continues to be popular across professional and social occasions, denim is a practical choice, as it is designed to be durable. In this post, we feature denim clothing from black owned brands. This includes jeans in many cuts (e.g., bootleg, skinny), colors, and styles (e.g., ripped). You will also find, jackets, dresses, jumpsuits, overalls and more. Denim for men and women are featured and found under the categories below.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the links in making a purchase.
Shop With Leslie offers “History Matters: Tell It Like It Was” eco friendly, sherpa lined denim jackets. The colors are light blue and black. The sherpa and sleeve lining is made with 100% recycled polyester. Jackets promote truth in history, and telling it like it was. Sizes are unisex.
- Akoo Clothing (advertisement) has a diverse selection of denim that includes jeans and shorts. Several colors and styles (e.g., ripped, patchwork) are available. Be sure to use the code SHOPWITHLESLIEBLOG for a 10% discount.
- Good Man Brand @ Nordstrom (advertisement) has denim jackets in multiple colors.
- Heron Preston @ Farfetch (advertisement) has a diverse selection of denim that includes black and ripped jeans. Denim jackets are also available.
- Off White (advertisement) has a selection of denim that includes jeans and jackets in several colors. Off White denim is also available on Farfetch (advertisement).
- Who Decides War on Farfetch (advertisement) has a selection of colorful denim pants and jackets.
- Glenn’s Denim has a variety of blue jeans and denim jackets made of 13 ounce raw denim that is manufactured in the United States.
- Williamsburg Garment Company has an extensive selection of raw denim American made jeans.
Eco Friendly Unisex Tops for Your Black Owned Denim @ Shop With Leslie’s Merch Store
- Good American (advertisement) has an extensive selection of jeans. These include high waisted, boot cut and flare, straight, relaxed and loose. Jeans come in multiple colors and inclusive sizes. Jumpsuits, shorts, and sustainable jeans are offered. Good American is also available at Nordstrom (advertisement) and on Amazon (advertisement).
- Heron Preston @ Farfetch (advertisement) has a diverse selection of jeans in black, white, and camouflage. Shirts and skirts are also available.
- Off White (advertisement) has a selection of denim consisting of blue and black jeans and a skirt. Off White denim is also available on Farfetch (advertisement).
- Poetic Justice Clothing (advertisement) has a varied and extensive selection of denim in regular and plus sizes. These include cropped, boot-cut, ripped, and embroidered jeans among others. Denim dresses, skirts, and shorts are available.
- Rebdolls (advertisement) has a diverse selection of denim wear in inclusive sizes. These include jeans, jackets, skirts and shorts.
- April Blooms has an assortment of denim apparel that includes jeans, dresses, shorts, and a jumpsuit.
- Broken Land has an extensive selection of denim that includes jeans, dresses, jumpsuits, jackets and coats.
- Chic & Curvy offers a range of denim apparel that includes dresses, shorts, and several styles of jeans.
- Dresscode Boutique has a diverse selection of denim jackets and jeans. These include ripped, wide leg, and stacked among others.
- Emmerie Boutique offers a cross section of denim apparel that includes jeans and shorts. Several colors and styles are available.
- Gritty Soul offers an extensive and varied selection of denim jeans. These include ripped, flared, and skinny, numerous fringed jeans along with shorts and jumpsuits.
- Hope for Flowers has a selection of denim apparel. Select products are available at Saks Fifth Avenue (advertisement).
- J. Brooks Boutique has an assortment of denim that includes a variety of jeans (e.g., cropped, ripped) and jackets.
- Nichole Lynel has a selection of denim that includes jeans, shorts, several pants sets and a jumpsuit.
- NVMY Swag Boutique has a diverse selection of denim apparel that includes jeans, jackets, and a jumpsuit.
- Oak & Acorn has an extensive selection of denim that include coveralls, jumpsuits, jackets and pants.
- Voluptuous has a selection of denim that includes dresses, ripped jeans, and jeans with a matching vest.
In reviewing these denim products I hope you find one or more that work for you.
Also, check out Shop With Leslie’s online store where you will find eco friendly clothing and accessories. Shipping is free! Select merchandise is featured below.
Shop With Leslie also has Etsy and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find my Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A mixture of products is provided below.
To learn more about denim as a fabric, check out the following sources.
- “Denim.” https://thefabricofourlives.com/cotton-fabrics/denim
- “Denim forever strong.” 2013. https://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/7179/denim-forever-strong