In this post we feature bucket hats from black owned brands. Bucket hats are great during spring and summer for keeping the sun out of your face. Bucket hats are also on trend in 2023, and there are many ways for bucket hats to be styled; with bucket hats adding color, texture and dimension to an outfit. You can also use bucket hats to make a statement and show different sides of your personality. In this post you will find numerous bucket hats from more than 25 black owned brands. These include crochet, Kente and African print, tie dyed, furry, cotton, denim and more.
Some of the following are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means at no cost to you, Shop With Leslie will receive a commission, should you use the advertisements in making a purchase.
- Shop With Leslie Blog on Etsy has a selection of organic cotton bucket hats with embroidery.
- Chocolate Ancestor (advertisement) has Black Lives Matter bucket hats in black and cream. Use the code “leslie” for a 10% discount.
- A Cold Wall on Farfetch (advertisement) has bucket hats with the company logo in several colors.
- Creations By Georgia F (advertisement) has unique and handcrafted bucket hats made of mudcloth among other textiles.
- Cutesy Boutique Goods (advertisement) has a selection of vintage furry bucket hats in several solid colors as well as printed ones.
- Flopz(advertisement) has Afro boho, among other colorful bucket hats. These include hats for “large heads.”
- Glam Hustlenomics (advertisement) has reversible and solid colored cotton bucket hats.
- Hairbrella on Amazon (advertisement) has satin lined and waterproof bucket hats in several colors.
- Lack Of Heads (advertisement) has an extensive selection of bucket hats that include crocheted, reversible, and tie dye.
- Liliford Designs (advertisement) has a selection of printed and reversiblebucket hats. Several have a print on one side with a solid color on the other.
- Little House of Happies (advertisement) has a selection of solid colored and print bucket hats including satin lined and bucket hats for children.
- Mella Ray Design has bucket hats made with a variety of textiles (e.g., corduroy, cork).
- Mo Cultured Designs (advertisement) has a selection of reversible Afrocentric printed bucket hats.
- Obsidian Kin (advertisement) has a selection of reversible, African print and mud cloth bucket hats.
- Off White (advertisement) has solid colored bucket hats among others with the company logo.
- Rags by B (advertisement) has an extensive assortment of all over printed, cotton bucket hats reflecting a variety of themes (e.g., black history, pokemon, lemonade).
- Razonda Lee (advertisement) has crocheted bucket hats in several patterns. Matching earrings are also available.
- Soultan Designs (advertisement) has an extensive selection of patterned bucket hats that are jazz inspired.
- Above The Bar has a selection of satin lined bucket hats.
- Afrikrea has African among other patterned bucket hats.
- AFAM has a selection of culturally themed black denim bucket hats.
- Anwar Carrots has a selection of colorful bucket hats.
- Cross Colours has a selection of tie dyed and culturally themed bucket hats.
- Daily Paper has solid colored bucket hats with the company logo.
- Diop has a selection of African print among other patterned bucket hats.
- Harlem’s Heaven Hats has a diverse selection of bucket hats.
- HSTRY Clothing has a selection of canvas and mineral washed bucket hats.
- Hypland has a selection of themed bucket hats, reflecting officially licensed collaborations.
- Layd Life has a selection of linen and denim bucket hats.
- Lifestyle Clothing has a selection print bucket hats.
- Tackie Tees has a diverse selection of denim bucket hats.
- Wrap Life has a selection of satin lined African print bucket hats.
In reviewing these bucket hats, I hope you find one or more that work for you.
Shop With Leslie has both ETSY and Redbubble stores with merchandise celebrating culture and enterprise. Proceeds go towards supporting this blog. Check out our Etsy merchandise at ShopWithLeslieBlog (free shipping). Find Redbubble merchandise here, ShopWithLeslieRedbubble. A cross section of products are provided below.
To learn more about the bucket hat trend and styling, check out the following sources.
- Colville, Charlie. “Bucket hats are the headwear must-haves of 2023.” https://www.countryandtownhouse.com/style/bucket-hats/
- Fox – Suliaman, Jasmine. “Bucket hats are hear to stay, so here’s how to actually wear them.” 15 January, 2022. https://www.whowhatwear.com/bucket-hat-outfit-ideas/slide7
- Matera, Avery. “ 3 November, 2022. “9 outfits that prove bucket hats weirdly look good with everything.” https://www.instyle.com/fashion/accessories/ways-to-style-bucket-hats